Autolux are finally releasing 2004's 'Future Perfect' on vinyl—and it costs 80 fucking dollars

Honestly, you're just paying for the picture. About 2 months ago they posted soemthing on Facebook asking for people to volunteer with a "special project", I emailed them and got chosen. We showed up at heir merch distribution center in south gate, ca, which is ridiculously close to my house, and actually put these vinyl packages together. There were about 15 of us. All of the packaging is actually electronics and computer packaging and was cut by hand and shit. They paid us with lunch (which My BF and I didn't eat due to a diet) and a guest list spot plus one to their next show in LA. Despite being put together by hand the only thing of value is the vinyl and the photo, but the download card has extra songs not available on the lp. Meh, still priced too high, we didn't even get a discount on the record :/ kinda po'd about that.

Honestly, you're just paying for the picture. About 2 months ago they posted soemthing on Facebook asking for people to volunteer with a "special project", I emailed them and got chosen. We showed up at heir merch distribution center in south gate, ca, which is ridiculously close to my house, and actually put these vinyl packages together. There were about 15 of us. All of the packaging is actually electronics and computer packaging and was cut by hand and shit. They paid us with lunch (which My BF and I didn't eat due to a diet) and a guest list spot plus one to their next show in LA. Despite being put together by hand the only thing of value is the vinyl and the photo, but the download card has extra songs not available on the lp. Meh, still priced too high, we didn't even get a discount on the record :/ kinda po'd about that.

Well ain't that some shit!

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry, Kyle. Once my art is released into the world, it no longer belongs to me. The meaning is decided by the fans and sharing my own personal feelings or backstory would betray that relationship.

Fans are not betrayed, they are fans.  The original feelings you have in producing art will always be yours, no matter who you explain it to.

• 8 months later...

Bumpity bump bump bump.

No real new information. It's still available. It's still $80.

But as a non-US person, I noticed there was an option to change the currency the price was quoted in, so I changed it to £.

Price is £50 (still tremendously high), but even taking into account the pound's current freefall, it's a lot less than $80. UK shipping is the cheapest option as well and it is the only one that doesn't say Airmail. I think this comes from the UK.

Not that this is going to make anyone buy it, but on the off chance someone here was put off by the extra £20 importing it would cost, it looks like it's just really, really, really expensive if you are in the UK.

• 1 month later...