Sterogum has a The Hobby article, let's get sarcastic!

http://www.stereogum.com/featured/have-we-reached-peak-vinyl/

I fully blame Enjoy The Ride. Fully. 

This Article has it all! 

1. Calling Vinyl a bubble. 

2. Quoting Twitter accounts with a whole 6 retweets! (The pulse of america) 

3. VNYL can go fuck itself. (It can, fuck VNYL) 

4. Hipsters, Hipsters, Hipsters!

In summation: THE HOBBY!

I do feel bad for these indie labels though, the record industry capitalizing on it and clogging up the planets with gimmicky bullshit is truly annoying. I still choose to blame Enjoy The Ride or whatever ebay name he is using now. 

I got about halfway through the article before I got bored...but it doesn't seem ill-thought out, it's actually well written, and hey make legitimate points we've all been talking about here for a while.

Plus, the tweet is from a legitimate music artist who has released a number of his band's albums on vinyl...I'm not sure where all the outrage is coming from, my brother.

I got about halfway through the article before I got bored...but it doesn't seem ill-thought out, it's actually well written, and hey make legitimate points we've all been talking about here for a while.

Plus, the tweet is from a legitimate music artist who has released a number of his band's albums on vinyl...I'm not sure where all the outrage is coming from, my brother.

No outrage, I'm just a sarcastic asshole, and it is one of the better written ones out there. I might change the title. 

Can't say I disagree with a lot of the stuff in there. I've been buying records for about nine years now but the rising prices and oversaturation are really starting to make me lose interest in collecting. 

I don't know that anything could dissuade me from stopping my collection, but I do really hope the gimmicky overpriced bullshit ends soon!

I don't know that anything could dissuade me from stopping my collection, but I do really hope the gimmicky overpriced bullshit ends soon!

Samesies

I've actually snagged some pretty good deals lately on some stuff I'd been holding off on thanks to eBay because of all the shitty quality new represses.

People are "upgrading" their copies for remastered stuff that sounds like it has a blanket thrown over the speaker... so I'm snagging ex to nm copies of original pressings. Gotta make the best of a bad situation! :)