Hurricane season starts June 1st!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know, i stayed in town when Hurricane Allen hit Corpus in the 80's and that was a a Cat3 hurricane which wasn't even near us and we had a shitload of damage to alot of our home. i would hate to see what a 4 would do. Thank god i live so far inland, i can't even think of caling into work :( fuck tornado's too, but yet, it does look kinda cool when the clouds move quickly and form out of nowhere...

the news people are making it seem like we are already doomed.

i fucking hate the news!

is this true? is it supposed to be a bad hurricane season?

Yes. It seems that due to it being unusually warm early in the year, and the conditions over in the Atlantic, it's prime for storms to be forming. The National Hurrican Center is projecting 14-18 major storm systems, 8-9 of which may form into hurricanes of varying strengths.

Luckily we have had it pretty good around north florida since i have been here (8-9 years).

in 1999 or 2000 we had a close call, my college shut down for a few days and evacuated everyone that lived on campus, but nothing really happened because the storm (dont remember the name) just brushed by the coast.

Having days off work to "prepare" were nice because we would stock up on beer and sit on the back porch and get shitty watching the storm roll through. Hurricane parties were usually fun until the power goes out, trees start falling and drunk people start getting worried and freak out.

fuck man, me and Juan are here in the south, hurricane alley , I really do not want any bad storms

We're trapped down here...like rats...if a storm hits, we're gonna end up looking like this:

[image]

(Took this pic after Hurricane Wilma in '05...the wet rat was alive and chilling under my car)