The Legend of Zelda

dapeebs

Like most of the games in the series, haven't played Zelda 2, the DS ones or the the 4 swords games.  Played Link's Awakening and Oracle of Seasons and Ages on my GBA over and over again back in the day.  The linking system in the oracle games was pretty cool.  Just got around to playing The Minish Cap recently on my Wii U as I never did back then and enjoyed that one quite a bit also.

Never played Majora's mask and am going to buy off eBay. What's the difference between the gold and standard versions? I don't give a shit about the color of the cartridge, but do care if the game is somehow affected.

good choice my man. Amazing game. And only thing I know is that gold one is the official release. I have no idea what the gray cartridge is.

Wind Waker for sure. Then Orcarina. I played WW a lot over one summer and loved all the places to explore and the charitarization of the game. I actually never really played Orcarina all that much but had a couple friends who played it when we all hung out. We would all figure the game out, eat junk food and tried to beat the game together

WW was my fave, i dug Skyward also. Really their hasent been a bad zelda, Majora 3ds is pushing that thought though..... this time limit shit is driving me insane. Makes it not so fun.... Reading this thread made me finally play links awakeing on 3ds for the first time since 1991? On the orig gameboy

A Link To The Past. Always! For me it was the first one I played, but even now there's just something about it. The music, the introduction of so many different usable items, the story is a little basic in parts but is just an absolute classic.

I like OoT and MM, but they really haven't aged well. The 3DS releases are nice but they just don't compare to WW, which is probably my 2nd favourite.

Has anyone here ever been to the Symphony of The Goddess shows?? They're great, I'd really encourage anyone to go if they get the chance. I went to one a couple of years ago, I had literally the worst seats in the house, and an employee came up to me saying that some people in the first row hadn't collected their tickets. I got a free upgrade and had an amazing view!

Has anyone here ever been to the Symphony of The Goddess shows?? They're great, I'd really encourage anyone to go if they get the chance. I went to one a couple of years ago, I had literally the worst seats in the house, and an employee came up to me saying that some people in the first row hadn't collected their tickets. I got a free upgrade and had an amazing view!

going in October, cannot wait

A Link To The Past. Always! For me it was the first one I played, but even now there's just something about it. The music, the introduction of so many different usable items, the story is a little basic in parts but is just an absolute classic.

I like OoT and MM, but they really haven't aged well. The 3DS releases are nice but they just don't compare to WW, which is probably my 2nd favourite.

I actually attended my first Symphony of the Goddesses back in July during comic-con and it was glorious to say the least. Definitely wish I could've had better seats or have been moved down as you did - but it was still an amazing experience. I too, highly recommend it to anyone who may have the opportunity to make it to a showing/performance. 

this is great timing for this thread. lately i've been trying to play all the games i never got to play. but i realize now that because i never graduated from a N64 or bought a DS, i'm pretty far behind. i've played 9 of the 17 (soon to be 18 with triforce heroes) at this point. playing skyward sword now with plans to buy majora for N64 after followed by a 3DS to plow through the newer handheld releases.

first game i played was a link to the past and it will always be my favorite. ocarina of time is pretty spectacular, not only from a gameplay perspective but also the music is so memorable bordering on iconic. i forged the strongest emotional connections with both. and i really loved playing oracle of ages as a kid. i liked it a lot more than seasons for some reason.

to whoever said ocarina of time didn't age well: i disagree! same to whoever said skyward sword was unplayable. i think skyward sword has been pretty fun, although i think it's too easy and the god damn wii remotes are so frustrating sometimes. also why i didn't enjoy playing twilight princess on wii that much, although i think twilight princess tried way too hard to replicate ocarina regardless of platform and really poorly utilized the space in its landscapes.

going in October, cannot wait

Man I'm jealous, I missed it when they did it last year as I'd literally just moved house and was just crazy busy. Gave my ticket to a friend and they had a great time. Will have to go whenever they do it next.

Bonus info - Here's my free upgrade ticket. I framed it a while back. It says "Restricted View" because a few members of the orchestra had their heads blocking the bottom of the screen. Nothing bad, and was FAR better than my previous seat!

WP_20150927_16_50_19_Pro.jpg

to whoever said ocarina of time didn't age well: i disagree! same to whoever said skyward sword was unplayable. i think skyward sword has been pretty fun, although i think it's too easy and the god damn wii remotes are so frustrating sometimes. also why i didn't enjoy playing twilight princess on wii that much, although i think twilight princess tried way too hard to replicate ocarina regardless of platform and really poorly utilized the space in its landscapes.

I think I see OoT that way because at the time I didn't own a Nintendo 64. I went from SNES and Mega Drive to a PS1, PS2 etc. I used to play it at a friends house occasionally and at the time it was great, but now it just feels quite clunky and slow in places compared to say Wind Waker - maybe because I didn't fully appreciate it when it came out? Visually though, it hasn't aged well (like Goldeneye - I challenge anyone to play that and tell me their eyes don't hurt afterwards), whereas I can pick up A Link To The Past and to this day it still looks great. Maybe that's just me though!

I thought Skyward Sword was brilliant, I really enjoyed the flying element of it especially.

I think I see OoT that way because at the time I didn't own a Nintendo 64. I went from SNES and Mega Drive to a PS1, PS2 etc. I used to play it at a friends house occasionally and at the time it was great, but now it just feels quite clunky and slow in places compared to say Wind Waker - maybe because I didn't fully appreciate it when it came out? Visually though, it hasn't aged well (like Goldeneye - I challenge anyone to play that and tell me their eyes don't hurt afterwards), whereas I can pick up A Link To The Past and to this day it still looks great. Maybe that's just me though!

I thought Skyward Sword was brilliant, I really enjoyed the flying element of it especially.

i do agree with you about a link to the past graphically over ocarina. i know ocarina broke a lot of ground but a link to the past will simply never be outdated. so i feel ya. i'll always choose it over ocarina. i think it's one of those things where if you played ocarina before a link to the past, you can't appreciate the latter for all its 16-bit glory

I love ALTTP and it is most likely has better gameplay than Ocarina, but Ocarina is one of the most fully realized pieces of art I have ever seen. Every good aspect of media combined into one perfect game.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like we may be getting Twilight Princess HD for the Wii U. Personally I enjoyed the game, not my favourite Zelda but certainly better than the likes of any Halo/COD/brainless FPS in my opinion...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-14-looks-like-nintendos-developing-zelda-twilight-princess-hd

To be honest I wasn't at all surprised that MM was ported to the 3DS as opposed to getting a full HD remake. I don't know a lot about creating games, but considering OOT was ported over I should imagine half the work was already done for them in some respect, so MM on 3DS was probably the easier option.