FS: Signed copy of Get Up Kids - Something To Write Home About

bluescreenlife

Neat thing called capitalism I guess.

Thanks for being the only one who understands hah. Do people not realize that everything they buy from any store is marked up? Also people sell rare stuff on VC every day for more than they paid for it. But an autograph is blasphemy I guess.

Even with flippers, the problem isn't with the sellers but the buyers. If someone is willing to pay $100 for something, then that item is worth $100. If someone is willing to give me $50 for something rather than $20, I'd be dumb to not take the money. Its like selling vinyl on here is supposed to be a charity or something. If you think it's overpriced, just don't buy it and move on with your day.

Thanks for being the only one who understands hah. Do people not realize that everything they buy from any store is marked up? Also people sell rare stuff on VC every day for more than they paid for it. But an autograph is blasphemy I guess.

Even with flippers, the problem isn't with the sellers but the buyers. If someone is willing to pay $100 for something, then that item is worth $100. If someone is willing to give me $50 for something rather than $20, I'd be dumb to not take the money. Its like selling vinyl on here is supposed to be a charity or something. If you think it's overpriced, just don't buy it and move on with your day.

Yup. Only flippers who really piss me off are ones who horde new releases artificially inflating the price. That being said, it's still capitalism, I just find that to be more irritating. 

Yup. Only flippers who really piss me off are ones who horde new releases artificially inflating the price. That being said, it's still capitalism, I just find that to be more irritating.

Agreed. I think getting something limited and selling as is for more, is unethical. Keeps people who want it from having it. I don't see any ethical issues with what I'm doing. It will sell for what it's worth, even if that's the $20 I paid for it (although I wouldn't anyway, I like the album too much).

You see nothing shitty about it? Really? These dudes took time out of their life to drive to your town and sign your record because they're genuine dudes and care about their fans. Capitalism internet trump democracy. I'm sure the band would be stoked you're doing it. Sell it for what you want some idiot will buy it, but its still shitty to the artist.

I like to think that if the band saw this thread they'd want to punch OP in the teeth. Dude can do what he wants with what he bought though. I'm just tired of this getting bumped so much.

So am I. This turned into a whole mess and it kinda bums me out because I never had a negative experience in this community until now. I think I'm just gonna unlist it everywhere and keep it. Sorry to hurt so many feelings. Album no longer for sale.