ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

Guest pelican2112

Yeah that dude is selling some really really killer stuff right now. Check out his other auctions as well.

...wish I had the cash flow to get in on the bidding for that Jawbreaker, that's a gem right there!

Is that supposed to have some sort of significance?

They did a bunch of super rare (at least they are now) 7" comps and stuff. What people don't realize is that adding KBD probably doesn't get the masses to view your auctions.

yeah, a lot of the bands that were involved with KBD series share a smiliar sound.. mostly early 80s hardcore stuff i suppose.

i dont see how jawbreaker holds the same sound

Killed by Death

sigh.

killed by death was a line of comps, that used to be pretty rare, but were reissued not that long ago. They contained some of the best "underground" punk stuff from about '77-'83. many of the comps were produced illegally, adn showcased some rare punk that no one would have ever heard. ie. someone took a track off some obscure finnish 7" limited to 300, and bootlegged it on to an LP comp. this was the only way many people ever heard of some of the bands. keep in mind this was long before the internet. sure, now you can press 300 copies of a record in finland, and with internet preorders and worldwide distribution it ends up all over the world. but not in the early 80s. there is a reason early terveet kadet, etc records sell for hundreds if not thousands.

also there were more specific comps by genre like killed by hardcore, adn the bloodstains series specific by region (bloodstains across germany, etc. a bunch of other countries/regions).

for the most part though the kbd comps stuck with a certain style/type of punk that was common in the late 70s early 80s. because of that newer bands that had the old school sound started getting called "kbd punk" in reviews, as a way to describe that they had that style of sound, since "punk" started getting attributed to bands of various styles.

as with anything that title got WAY overused, and starting getting more meaningless (the way that every reviewer compared indie rock bands to fugazi and having "angular guitars" for a few years or the way every instrumental band seems to get compared to mogwai, gybe, or explosions in the sky no matter what they sound like)

the original pressings also became extremely rare, as were the records that the bands on the comps put out. searching for kbd used to turn up that era of records from bands like the child molesters, The Dogs, The Eat, The Freeze, etc, but eventually it just became a hype word to draw attention to auctions. currently on ebay a search of kbd comes up with the casualties, warzone, earth crisis, ryan adams, soophie nun squad, lickgoldensky, the donnas, joy divison, nina hagen, anti-flag etc.

its obvious you arent the only ones who have no idea what kbd is.

know your roots.

hope that helps.

i feel old.

sigh.

killed by death was a line of comps, that used to be pretty rare, but were reissued not that long ago. They contained some of the best "underground" punk stuff from about '77-'83. many of the comps were produced illegally, adn showcased some rare punk that no one would have ever heard. ie. someone took a track off some obscure finnish 7" limited to 300, and bootlegged it on to an LP comp. this was the only way many people ever heard of some of the bands. keep in mind this was long before the internet. sure, now you can press 300 copies of a record in finland, and with internet preorders and worldwide distribution it ends up all over the world. but not in the early 80s. there is a reason early terveet kadet, etc records sell for hundreds if not thousands.

also there were more specific comps by genre like killed by hardcore, adn the bloodstains series specific by region (bloodstains across germany, etc. a bunch of other countries/regions).

for the most part though the kbd comps stuck with a certain style/type of punk that was common in the late 70s early 80s. because of that newer bands that had the old school sound started getting called "kbd punk" in reviews, as a way to describe that they had that style of sound, since "punk" started getting attributed to bands of various styles.

as with anything that title got WAY overused, and starting getting more meaningless (the way that every reviewer compared indie rock bands to fugazi and having "angular guitars" for a few years or the way every instrumental band seems to get compared to mogwai, gybe, or explosions in the sky no matter what they sound like)

the original pressings also became extremely rare, as were the records that the bands on the comps put out. searching for kbd used to turn up that era of records from bands like the child molesters, The Dogs, The Eat, The Freeze, etc, but eventually it just became a hype word to draw attention to auctions. currently on ebay a search of kbd comes up with the casualties, warzone, earth crisis, ryan adams, soophie nun squad, lickgoldensky, the donnas, joy divison, nina hagen, anti-flag etc.

its obvious you arent the only ones who have no idea what kbd is.

know your roots.

hope that helps.

i feel old.

+1 adding a million good points to my explanation. :)