PO: Sturgill Simpson - A Sailor's Guide To Earth

I wonder if Amazon has the blue? I also missed out but would prefer Amazon as I have a credit with them.

Doesn't say but it's out of stock til the 25th. Bullmoose was out of both black and blue but they got some more 180 black in for 20 (same as amazon) so I just ordered with another record for free shipping. Such a great album

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
7 minutes ago, Sidney Crosley said:

Anyone see that this album is nominated for a Grammy for Album of the Year in the same category as Drake, Bieber, Beyonce, and Adele....

Loved this album when it came out but I saw him live this summer and it was terrible and haven't revisited it since...

I also saw him twice this summer, once at a festival and then another time with Sturgill headlining.  I also thought both times it was a lackluster show.  I wouldn't go see him live again.

4 hours ago, Sidney Crosley said:

Anyone see that this album is nominated for a Grammy for Album of the Year in the same category as Drake, Bieber, Beyonce, and Adele....

Loved this album when it came out but I saw him live this summer and it was terrible and haven't revisited it since...

4 hours ago, BoopsRecords said:

I also saw him twice this summer, once at a festival and then another time with Sturgill headlining.  I also thought both times it was a lackluster show.  I wouldn't go see him live again.

I hate to agree with the comments regarding this string of shows.  I've listened to this dude for quite awhile, and though each record is very different from the last, I love all three.  I went to the date at the Ryman and was pretty disappointed with the show.  I was mentally exhausted at the end of it.  I didn't go to see a jam band.

That being said, every other time i have seen this dude it was a GREAT experience, albeit each time was in a much smaller venue than the Ryman.  Definitely don't think this dude should be written off for having one lackluster tour.  MSICM is hands down one of the best records to come out in the last decade.

10 minutes ago, anchorclose said:

I hate to agree with the comments regarding this string of shows.  I've listened to this dude for quite awhile, and though each record is very different from the last, I love all three.  I went to the date at the Ryman and was pretty disappointed with the show.  I was mentally exhausted at the end of it.  I didn't go to see a jam band.

That being said, every other time i have seen this dude it was a GREAT experience, albeit each time was in a much smaller venue than the Ryman.  Definitely don't think this dude should be written off for having one lackluster tour.  MSICM is hands down one of the best records to come out in the last decade.

I'm definitely not writing Sturgill off and really enjoy all 3 of his records.  I just wouldn't pay to see him again in a larger venue.