PO: The Strokes- Future, Present, Past EP

5 minutes ago, nycmale said:

thank you ! Says red in the description but looks orange in the picture 

ah good catch. This page confirms its orange:

http://governorsballmusicfestival.com/strokesvinyl/

2 minutes ago, ryantark said:

No validation of color on the order/receipt.  Sent email.  Crossing fingers.

All variants have been that way I believe (no specification of color in email). Red, green and orange.

I went ahead and picked up the blue from Bull Moose.

One store (The Glass Onion in AL) claims that the blue vinyl will be available only at stores that participated in Record Store Day.  Makes sense.  So "retail," yes, but more like "indie exclusive retail."  Bull Moose says: 

Wonder how many are pressed on blue?  Would image a 3-4 thousand... but maybe not as many if they're also getting black?

I'll be keeping the following twitter search open until I fall asleep tonight, and again tomorrow, just in case yellow appears:

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=strokes%20yellow%20vinyl

2 hours ago, bossdj26 said:

There's a governors ball exclusive orange now too haha 

Legitimately thought this was a joke, but I have been proven wrong. This is my favorite band, but damn this seems like a little too much. Especially when we are talking about $23 for basically 3 songs.

2 minutes ago, hut hut hike said:

I went ahead and picked up the blue from Bull Moose.

One store (The Glass Onion in AL) claims that the blue vinyl will be available only at stores that participated in Record Store Day.  Makes sense.  So "retail," yes, but more like "indie exclusive retail."  Bull Moose says: 

Wonder how many are pressed on blue?  Would image a 3-4 thousand... but maybe not as many if they're also getting black?

I'll be keeping the following twitter search open until I fall asleep tonight, and again tomorrow, just in case yellow appears:

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=strokes%20yellow%20vinyl

The upsetting this is that there are already a few copies of the blue version on eBay for close to/over a hundred dollars claiming that it is sold out. I am also wondering how many copies there will be of the blue. Regardless, as others have stated, it is cheaper to buy the blue version from bullmoose than the standard black copy from Cult, so I just went with that.

6 minutes ago, nycmale said:

So far we know green is /500 but don't know how many red , blue and orange were pressed 

I'd venture to guess red was /500, since it went in 30 minutes (like green).

Orange is still available, and perhaps they'll set aside some to sell at the concert itself.

Blue, several thousand...

7 minutes ago, Mourning Wood said:

I see one blue on ebay for $100 and none sold so far? Is that right? Also bull moose should probably tighten up their definition of "quickly" lol

Yeah, dude was sly and put that it's "sold out" on his listing.

I saw that a couple of people listed red copies for tons, too.

2 hours ago, ryantark said:

Just in case I'm the last one to notice this...one variant for each stripe on the cover.

Red = Initial color on cultrecords.com

Orange = Gov Ball

Yellow = ???? (Have we seen this yet?)

Green = Spotify

Blue = Indie Record Stores

(And, Black)

Do we know how limited each color is?

5 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

To follow up on some pressing # info, a UK retailer on eBay is/was selling 10 copies of a "limited" black version, and Rough Trade's listing notes that it's limited to 2000 in the UK. Guessing theirs is black too since it doesn't specify color.

Yellow at the pop-up shop sounds realistic.

Rough Trade's Twitter link to the UK version indicates it's a 12".  Typo?  Or limited?