PO: The Strokes- Future, Present, Past EP

Just now, carmognole said:

WAT!? I just tried to get one at cult and as I checked out it brought be back to the selection screen and saying only black. Or did I miss these can be bought other than cult? (Orange)

Ah, maybe you're right then. The Gov Ball page (http://cult.vaesite.com/governors-ball/) lets me take the product all the way to the last page in the checkout process. The Spotify variant page didn't let you do that once it sold out.

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

Ah, maybe you're right then. The Gov Ball page (http://cult.vaesite.com/governors-ball/) lets me take the product all the way to the last page in the checkout process. The Spotify variant page didn't let you do that once it sold out.

Nope you're right, I just must have experienced a glitch or something. Works now. Unless I get a cancellation email later

Looks like nothing crazy record wise at the pop up from what ive seen online.

However the merch is awesome. They have this sweet starter jacket, lol. Its $150 but of course going for like $300 on ebay.

I REALLY want one. If anyone is in NYC and could help me out and grab one i'd pay you extra for your trouble. 

Oh bull moose, i may commit suicide now

"This is an update regarding your purchase of: STROKES/FUTURE PRESENT PAST EP@BLUE VINYL ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We’re really sorry but we’re afraid we have some bad news. The label cut our allocation, without warning or notice, on this release. We didn’t know they were not sending us our full order until we received what few copies were allotted to us. Sadly, this means that we will not be able to fill your order. This situation is far beyond our control, though we fought to get some answers but were ultimately given none. If we had it our way, it would already be spinning on your turntable or neatly shelved in your collection. We will cancel your order for you and if you have been charged, a refund will be issued. Any points or credit used on this item will be restored to your account as well. Again, we’re very sorry about this. Thank you for your understanding. Best regards, -Keith"

1 minute ago, djghost1976 said:

If you add it to your cart, a notification comes up that says that due to overwhelming demand, more will be pressed and shipping out mid-June: http://cult.vaesite.com/governors-ball/

Just saw that. Also says that when you try to order the black on cultrecords.com so I think they might be talking about just the black and orange is gone. But I could be wrong.

38 minutes ago, Mourning Wood said:

Oh bull moose, i may commit suicide now

"This is an update regarding your purchase of: STROKES/FUTURE PRESENT PAST EP@BLUE VINYL ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We’re really sorry but we’re afraid we have some bad news. The label cut our allocation, without warning or notice, on this release. We didn’t know they were not sending us our full order until we received what few copies were allotted to us. Sadly, this means that we will not be able to fill your order. This situation is far beyond our control, though we fought to get some answers but were ultimately given none. If we had it our way, it would already be spinning on your turntable or neatly shelved in your collection. We will cancel your order for you and if you have been charged, a refund will be issued. Any points or credit used on this item will be restored to your account as well. Again, we’re very sorry about this. Thank you for your understanding. Best regards, -Keith"

My local record store received zero copies of this and were sure they were gonna get some. I think the blue is limited to 500 as well. Dont see too many places selling it and if they are, they received a handful of copies at the most to sell. 

28 minutes ago, nycmale said:

I think the blue is limited to 500 as well.

I'm leaning more towards BM being a bit presumptive on how much of the #/1500 they were going to be allocated.

My buddy says two local shops around here each got 5+, wish I would have just waited instead of ordering online.

12 minutes ago, chad7chad said:

Hopefully some of the folks who've been flipping the Blue Vinyl on eBay get a "We're sorry......." email from Bull Moose, as well. I suregot mine -_-

Why?  If they do they will probably just go to one of the many other sites where it is currently still available?

2 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Why?  If they do they will probably just go to one of the many other sites where it is currently still available?

Not before they refund someone their money back and eat a little crow in the process. And, sure they can go purchase the Blue from somewhere else (I just did) and relist it but most folks are getting hip to that, as well. I would think a relisting of the Blue wouldn't fetch nearly as much money today as it did a few days ago.