There actually IS a God! (Amy Winehouse content)

well think of it like this, if she lives she has her entire life of medical procedures and checkups for him to cash in on. if she dies, well, there goes that money.

UK has a Nation Health Service. She doesn't have to pay for medical treatment.

yeah, she doesn't have to pay, but someone does for her visit, right? its free for her, but the doctor still "bills" the government per visit, or do the doctors get paid x amount for the year and it doesn't matter how many patients they see?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's a trainwreck, and she deserves to suffer through the aftereffects of being incredibly irresponsible. She dug her own grave.

Also, to all of you: Stop smoking, retards.

just interested to know if you carry the same opinions regarding obese people, (of which your country has a high percentage) who eat irresponsibly and similarly risk their health.

would you shout a fat person down for over eating in the same way you would a smoker? i for one can't really see a whole lot of disparity between the two subjects, while i can see a whole lot of hypocrisy at work.

p.s. celebrating others suffering is NOT cool.

while i dont wish suffering on many people, i have absolutely no sympathy for addicts, especially ones that have the world as their oyster. You took a talent that appealed to enough people to probably set yourself up comfortably for the rest of your life where you wouldn't have to worry about any financial bullshit... and squandered it for what? crack?

good job.

Guest falloutcollapse

Drugs are bad. Sucks for her. I'm not very sorry for her because she did it to herself, but I'm sorry for her family, as they obviously care a lot about her.

while i dont wish suffering on many people, i have absolutely no sympathy for addicts, especially ones that have the world as their oyster. You took a talent that appealed to enough people to probably set yourself up comfortably for the rest of your life where you wouldn't have to worry about any financial bullshit... and squandered it for what? crack?

good job.

Guess there's always Fear Factor.

[image]

She's a trainwreck, and she deserves to suffer through the aftereffects of being incredibly irresponsible. She dug her own grave.

Also, to all of you: Stop smoking, retards.

just interested to know if you carry the same opinions regarding obese people, (of which your country has a high percentage) who eat irresponsibly and similarly risk their health.

would you shout a fat person down for over eating in the same way you would a smoker? i for one can't really see a whole lot of disparity between the two subjects, while i can see a whole lot of hypocrisy at work.

p.s. celebrating others suffering is NOT cool.

A-fucking-men.

And the "Shittiest Thread of the Year 2008" award goes to...

Guest baseball

good job.

That's thinking about addiction in incorrect terms. Physical addiction is a treatable health problem. Ever heard of a methadone clinic? Heroin maintenance program? Various prescriptions for curbing alcoholism? Lots lots more..

If you're not going to have any sympathy for drug addicts, then you shouldn't have sympathy for overweight people that get diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, heart disease, or have strokes either.

After all, a drug addict's choice to continue using a substance that causes harm is no different than a fat person who continues to shovel crap into their mouth despite the health risks. In fact, I have less sympathy for the fat person because I don't think there's anyone out there physically addicted to trans fat, whereas you can most certainly be physically dependent on a number of drugs (legal and illegal).

In short, get off your high horse and stop demonizing drug addicts. People make poor decisions about a lot of things, some pay for it and some don't. It doesn't mean anyone fucking deserves ill will.

good job.

That's thinking about addiction in incorrect terms. Physical addiction is a treatable health problem. Ever heard of a methadone clinic? Heroin maintenance program? Various prescriptions for curbing alcoholism? Lots lots more..

If you're not going to have any sympathy for drug addicts, then you shouldn't have sympathy for overweight people that get diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, heart disease, or have strokes either.

After all, a drug addict's choice to continue using a substance that causes harm is no different than a fat person who continues to shovel crap into their mouth despite the health risks. In fact, I have less sympathy for the fat person because I don't think there's anyone out there physically addicted to trans fat, whereas you can most certainly be physically dependent on a number of drugs (legal and illegal).

In short, get off your high horse and stop demonizing drug addicts. People make poor decisions about a lot of things, some pay for it and some don't. It doesn't mean anyone fucking deserves ill will.

exactly

good job.

I'm fairly sure there are some genetic dispositions towards being overweight. And what about people who irresponsibly feed their children. Can that child be blamed for the complications that will arise later in life from it? (Generally parents aren't handing their kids drugs, whereas Happy Meals on the other hand...)

Anywho, I just wanted an excuse to tell you your avatar is bitchin' without completely going off-topic.

Guest baseball

I'm fairly sure there are some genetic dispositions towards being overweight. And what about people who irresponsibly feed their children. Can that child be blamed for the complications that will arise later in life from it? (Generally parents aren't handing their kids drugs, whereas Happy Meals on the other hand...)

Anywho, I just wanted an excuse to tell you your avatar is bitchin' without completely going off-topic.

You're right, there are genetic dispositions towards being overweight.

However, there are also genetic dispositions toward psychological characteristics. You can also be born with a pre-disposition toward having an addictive or dependent personality. Ever heard of re-occurring alcoholism in a family?

You have a point about the parents being irresponsible. There's always going to be a question of responsibility though. Who's to say that a parent's actions couldn't be related to a child's decision to start taking addictive drugs?

Honestly, I think it's futile to try and pinpoint reasons why certain people make certain decisions because you never know exactly what's going on in their minds. I think it's better to abstain from judgment and try and help people who desire to be helped.

Thanks about the avatar! :)

I come from a family of people with drug and alcohol addiction on one side (mom's) and obesity and heart conditions on the other (dads). My grandfather and grandmother on my mom's side both died of liver failure (alcoholism), my mom's sister is addicted to pain killers, my father had a triple bipass and my brother died of dilated cardiomyopathy, likely influenced by his years of addiction to crystal meth.

I'm not special but I can say, it's not fucked up that this happened to a long term crack addict, it's life. It's not fucked up when people get clogged arteries from eating poorly for years, it's life. It is upsetting and can be really depressing when it happens to someone you know but it's not something to rejoice in or wish on others (this goes double for the people saying, "who's gonna make jokes when Scott gets diabeatus?").

Don't feel bad or happy for Amy Winehouse (maybe empathetic), if she even pretends to act surprised she's a damn fool.

Guest conoley
yep, a talented artist

Amy Winehouse is talented? I don't think i've ever disagreed with something more.

She has some soul in her voice and some terrific songs.

I come from a family of people with drug and alcohol addiction on one side (mom's) and obesity and heart conditions on the other (dads). My grandfather and grandmother on my mom's side both died of liver failure (alcoholism), my mom's sister is addicted to pain killers, my father had a triple bipass and my brother died of dilated cardiomyopathy, likely influenced by his years of addiction to crystal meth.

I'm not special but I can say, it's not fucked up that this happened to a long term crack addict, it's life. It's not fucked up when people get clogged arteries from eating poorly for years, it's life. It is upsetting and can be really depressing when it happens to someone you know but it's not something to rejoice in or wish on others (this goes double for the people saying, "who's gonna make jokes when Scott gets diabeatus?").

Don't feel bad or happy for Amy Winehouse (maybe empathetic), if she even pretends to act surprised she's a damn fool.

I was gonna go on a tirade, but i think Rich said it best. As we share similar family histories. I find it disturbing anyone would just be happy about someone else's pain, whether it was warranted or not. My great-grandmother suffered from emphysema brought on by a genetic disorder and while it wasn't due to smoking as she never smoked a cigarette in her life, it still sucked having to see her deal with this, just as much as seeing my brother deteriorating from his crack habit. it's life, everyone has someone in their family who has to deal with this shit. but warranted or not, it's not to be celebrated.

Scott, i hope you are never in a situation that you have to take care of someone with this horrible disease or any other, whether its something brought on by negligence or something caught by sheer bad luck.