Vinyl Collector of the Month: Joey Regets

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

I am excited to share with you our July Vinyl Collective Collector of the Month, Joey Regets. I usually contact someone to be our VCCOTM around the middle of the preceding month, but since we have been so insanely busy, I didn't get around to doing it and July 1st arrived. I asked Justin if he had any suggestions and he said that this guy (Joey) has always been super cool about orders where we had an inventory mistake and had to back order items. He said that he always took the news nicely and was always really cool via email. That was all I needed. I emailed Joey the other day and he was kind enough get right back to me and not only answer my questions, but he also sent over this photo.

Congrats Joey on being our Collector of the Month and thanks for all the support.

VC: Your name and the city you live in.

JR: My name is Joey Regets and I'm from Hiram, Ohio.

VC: How many records do you own

JR: I only own about 100 vinyl records.

VC: Why do you collect vinyl?

JR: I collect vinyl because I feel that vinyl sounds better on many occasions and that its more of a physical way to listen to music. It also has to do a lot with the art work. My dad also kind-of got me in to it, I've only been collecting vinyl for 6 months. Before then I had been collecting CD's, I have around 200 of them.

VC: What was the first record you remember purchasing with your own money?

JR: The first record I bought with my own money was Less Than Jake's "Hello Rockview" ( 7'' vinyl set).

VC: What is your most prized record in your collection?

JR: My most prized record in my record collection is probably... Less Than Jake's "Anthem" ( 7" set) mainly because the story behind it. My friend traded there merch guy the 7" set of vinyl for an old school WWF beenie... he then traded me 3 years down the line for Hunter S. Thompsons "Hells Angels" book that i owned.

If not that record, then, Gunmolls "Board of Rejection"... its just one of the greatest fucking records ever made.

VC: What release would you like to see come out on vinyl that hasn't yet been released?

JR - I would like to see "The Redder The Better" by the Polar Bear Club come out next on vinyl... or even there full length (Sometimes Things Just Disapear).

VC: What is the most you have spent for a record?

JR - $30

VC: What out of print record would you kill to own?

JR - I would kill to own Social Distortion's self titled album on vinyl just so i could rock out to it with may dad!

VC: Your last 5 record that you purchased?

JR: The last 5 records that I have purchased are... "GNV FLA" by Less Than Jake, "Broken with No Hope" by Mike Hale, "Parallels" by LaGrecia, D4's "More Songs About Girlfriends and Bubblegum" 7", and an 'original' Sun Records 10" Johnny Cash "I Walk the Line" record that i found at a garage sale, for $1.