POLL: Test Pressings

It depends how much you paid for it I guess. If I ever paid that much for a record, I would be terrified to play it.

I'm sure there are a lot of people like that. But what good is dropping all of the money if you don't play it? And if anyone says "bragging rights," that's just dumb. Dropping a good chunk on a record just to dangle it in front of people on the internet may be the stupidest reason to buy a record.

It depends how much you paid for it I guess. If I ever paid that much for a record, I would be terrified to play it.

I'm sure there are a lot of people like that. But what good is dropping all of the money if you don't play it? And if anyone says "bragging rights," that's just dumb. Dropping a good chunk on a record just to dangle it in front of people on the internet may be the stupidest reason to buy a record.

+1

Tests are probably the only records I own that I don't feel the need to play since I have the regular copy.

I'm like that to an extent...every test pressing that I own, I have played at least once as soon as I've gotten it.

Oddly enough, whenever I pick up an album I only previously owned on black vinyl, I still like to play the colored one. But tests are strictly for collecting purposes for me for whatever reason.

i take that back...I forgot the only other two I bought were the J Church "Society is a Carnivorous Flower" LP from No Idea last year at the Fest because they wee donating the proceeds to Lance's family. and at the sme time I bought the Jud Jud "the Demos" 7" test because that's the only band I want to collect everything for.

haha well, no, it's not even that. i have some other test pressings of some of my favorite records and i've never played them before. i dont even have the regular versions of some. i've never heard Perfecting Loneliness on vinyl, and jade tree sent me factory sealed test pressings (that's bragging, haha). just wondering if other people play them regularly or just keep them in their stacks.