Underoath - Lost in the Sound of Seperation

that's ridiculous! 5,000 copies of this @$84.00 each. christian music is a fuckn' cash cow. i should start a chrsitian metal band, get a "keytar" player and sign to rise records for one record and then break up and denounce god @cornerstone. they still do that fest? i think, when it comes right down to it, FSF, Zao and Training For Utopia are the only christian bands i like. i'm done with all of them. really, i shouldn't have bought them in the first place. we don't believe in the same "god". their "god" was hung on a cross and my "god" fronted Queen.

LOL

Yeah, they still do Cornerstone. It has become severely overrun with 4th-rate screamo/hardcore/metalcore bands, and people eat it up. I wish I could've gone at around 2001, when Pedro the Lion, Danielson Famile, and 238 drew crowds.

I just preordered this from interpunk. I'm pretty sure there aren't 5000 of these deluxe sets, there are probably 5000 regular black pressing and then a limited run of these within that run. Anyway, shipping was only 6.95 priority mail from interpunk so it came to just over 90. I think it's worth it, at the very least it can be sold for at least as much as I paid for on ebay it if I don't like it/don't think it's worth it

Guest kevinb
that's ridiculous! 5,000 copies of this @$84.00 each. christian music is a fuckn' cash cow. i should start a chrsitian metal band, get a "keytar" player and sign to rise records for one record and then break up and denounce god @cornerstone. they still do that fest? i think, when it comes right down to it, FSF, Zao and Training For Utopia are the only christian bands i like. i'm done with all of them. really, i shouldn't have bought them in the first place. we don't believe in the same "god". their "god" was hung on a cross and my "god" fronted Queen.

as with any label people dont get paid shit on rise, and thats ok cause all of those bands suck anyways...just sayin

as with any label people dont get paid shit on rise, and thats ok cause all of those bands suck anyways...just sayin

i agree with you on the bands not getting paid shit on labels and yes, all those bands do suck, but a band's money usually comes from their merch and shows, not the label. i guess it depends on what deal you have. i don't mean to sound like a dick, but i think rise records is a complete joke, that label has no integrity what-so-ever.

5000 at just about 100 a piece=half a mil

it must be nice to be a member of underoath right now(especially that keyboardist who does jack shit aside from jumping around like an idiot)

i'm not a huge fan of underoath... but that's not necessarily true.

i was in the studio when he (by himself) was working on define the great line and was doing quite a lot regarding instrumentation on the songs.

just don't like to see people bad-mouthed when they don't deserve it.

now live... might be true.

i find it hard to believe that theres going to be 5000 of the deluxe...there were far less of the last 2 vinyl releases total
maybe they are expecting huge sales considering "they're only chasing safety" sold over 350,000 copies and "define the great line" selling over 200,000 copies. that's mostly cds though. fuck it! they're christian, it will sell no matter what.

^^ Yes.

Started out in Ocala but then re-located to the Tampa/Clearwater area.

I recently found out that one of my good friends who works at my company's Clearwater office knows the fiance of one of the guitarists. She didn't know which one though as she is not into heavy music. She just casually brought it one day: "You ever heard of Underoath? I work w/ so-and-so...she's engaged to the guitarist and she's always talking about them."

I didn't push any further for more info as I'm not into the band.