Underoath - Lost in the Sound of Seperation

underoath or the chariot?

underoath were pretty good til 'define the great line'. 'the changing of times' was great, i think. hard to believe they had the same singer on their first 3 releases. after dude left they went all teenie bopper and somehow all this emo-pop/makeup crap got super popular and warped tour turned into little girl fest. it's hard to give up on a bands but the new singer turned them too much in a new direction.

Um no. Underoath was already changing their direction while dallas was in the band. he just left for completely different reasons.

well, obviously. the difference between 'the changing of times' and 'cries of the past' was pretty remarkable. complete shift in sound, but it got even more ridiculous with the new singer and 'they're only chasing safety'.

this whole section kinda sums it all up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underoath#Cries_of_the_Past_and_The_Changing_of_Times_.282000_-_2003.29

• 4 weeks later...
$80, free shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Sound-Separat....0165085&sr=8-2

I preordered mine from them. Hopefully they don't over sell. It sucks this got pushed back.

Thanks. Finally got it as it was only $6 shipping, instead of getting raped by interpunk and all the others for $58 shipping

best buy is advertising this on sale for 60 bucks. too bad i've been jobless for two weeks.

Release Notes

Lost In the Sound of Separation [CD & DVD] [9/2]: Release Notes: Muze

hmmmm tempting but it feels like it'd be a loss if it wasn't really the package. but what else would be a list price of $89.98? i could see them selling them instore alongside their only other vinyl, judas priest and opeth! ha.

Best Buy has the box set for 60 and the reg'lar LP for 13 for sale online. I might stop in on tuesday to see if they have a copy in store but i sort of doubt it. I'm really digging this album though.
Release date says 9/30/08 so they're not going to have it. Just to save you the gas I suppose.

here's the post if you missed it.

Date: Aug 31, 2008 3:39 PM

Subject: Underoath Deluxe Box delay

Unfortunately, due to issues beyond Underoath's control, there has been a manufacturing delay in the production of the deluxe box and they will be shipped later than we were told by T&N and their manufacturer. We are angry and upset that this is happening to our fans especially considering how much money everyone spent to buy it! It looks like it will be as long as 4 weeks until we all get our copies.

I know this doesn't replace the box but we asked Tooth & Nail to create a system to send a digital copy of the record to everyone that pre ordered it. If you pre orderd the record from Interpunk, Zambooie, Smartpunk or Underoathmerch you will get an e mail Monday AM with a link to download the record immediately, 1 day before its available to the general public. We know that's not the greatest short term replacement but at least you get the record a day before everyone else. If you pre orderd from Amazon or any other company we're still not sure what is happening but were trying to get you digital copies as well.

Thank you for your patience. In the meantime, please enjoy the digital version of "Lost In The Sound Of Separation." Many hours went into the conceptualization and design of the Deluxe Limited Edition Boxset, so we assure you that it will be well worth the wait. We will ship your copy just as soon as they are available.

Best Buy has the box set for 60 and the reg'lar LP for 13 for sale online. I might stop in on tuesday to see if they have a copy in store but i sort of doubt it. I'm really digging this album though.

The box set says nothing about vinyl, are we positive it's the same thing? I have a hard time believing it could be available for $60.

(yes I realize the set was delayed. It just seems weird that Best Buy has that item for so cheap)