MLB Discussion

I dont think the series is too important. The Yanks have a sizeable lead over the Sox, and even if they lose all three (doubtful), they are going into the break so it wont hurt momentum at all. If I was the Sox, Id rather have it coming out of the break, hope for the sweep and mess with the Yankees momentum.

I dont think the series is too important. The Yanks have a sizeable lead over the Sox, and even if they lose all three (doubtful), they are going into the break so it wont hurt momentum at all. If I was the Sox, Id rather have it coming out of the break, hope for the sweep and mess with the Yankees momentum.

But the Sox have the momentum right now- I wouldn't ask for another time to get into this series. Of course, they could get swept themselves.. If that happens? All of the frustrations of the first half will pop right back up.

So the radio guys here in DC (im here for two weeks) are talking about liking both the Orioles and the Nats. They're asking why people can't like two teams that are close together and not even in the same league. Thoughts?

I'm a Dodgers fan and I have no problem with the Angels. I'll root for them anytime they're not playing the Dodgers.

This applies to LA/Anaheim, NYC, Chicago and DC/Baltimore... any I'm missing?

It's a loyalty thing for me. I could NEVER root for the Mets. They are no better than the Red Sox to me

So the radio guys here in DC (im here for two weeks) are talking about liking both the Orioles and the Nats. They're asking why people can't like two teams that are close together and not even in the same league. Thoughts?

I'm a Dodgers fan and I have no problem with the Angels. I'll root for them anytime they're not playing the Dodgers.

This applies to LA/Anaheim, NYC, Chicago and DC/Baltimore... any I'm missing?

Giants / A's. I'm a huge Giants fan since birth but root for the A's and hope they do well, though there are a ton of Giants fans who hate the A's and vice versa.

Hate that the Brewers rep for the All Star game is Ryan Braun.  Can't wait til he is long gone.  I get he's still good at the baseball but the Brewers aren't going anywhere so just do whatever it takes to trade him away.

I'd seriously be happy if he were traded for a few borderline prospects.

Who was their rep before he was added? Nevermind, looked it up. Francisco Rodriguez.

Does anyone like Braun? I'm still mad about him winning the MVP over Kemp (as a Dodgers fan) and, as a human being, there isn't really anything likable about him.

Who was their rep before he was added? Nevermind, looked it up. Francisco Rodriguez.

Does anyone like Braun? I'm still mad about him winning the MVP over Kemp (as a Dodgers fan) and, as a human being, there isn't really anything likable about him.

No, the Braves radio broadcasters literally couldn't help themselves from laughing when he would step out of the box, do his ridiculous 2 minute spit and stretch routine with 2 strikes, and then swing and miss on the next pitch.

I've always had a bit of dislike for Braun.  I always thought he was one of those guys that isn't in any way genuine.  He always seemed to just try so hard to say the right thing that it made him so unlikable.  I will say when he did sign the, at the time, reasonably priced extension I did start to come around to him.  Then shortly after that he had the initial steroid issue that he got off on a technicality.  I wanted him suspended then and I wished the Brewers would have had a way to void his recently signed extension.  I spent so much time arguing other Brewers fans about that.  It was almost vindicating when he did end up getting suspended.  There still are quite a few Braun supporters out there, more than you'd think.

Cheating suspensions should be much more severe than they are.  I understand that it's just a game but I'd like to have integrity in sports.

I dont get how Braun gets in but A-Rod was never considered. Arod is having a better season and is coming from a year off and a messed up hip. I dont understand how baseball chooses which cheaters to embrace and which ones to shun. Bonds and A-Rod get shunned for tainting the game, yet Braun, Melky, Cruz and Peralta are welcomed back no problem. Yeah Bonds and A-Rod might be confrontational, but neither one of them called another person a racist and had them lose their job over a lie.