MLB Discussion

I have no problem with people talking about Utley and Jimmy Rollins. I never said I did. I just pointed out to you that its a bit over-the-top to say the Dodgers get a ton of pub compared to the Phillies.

Ethier got pub because he had a breakout year, same with Kemp. And Manny gets pub because he's Manny.

I would say that for a rule yes eastern teams do get more pub, but the dodgers and cubs deffiantly get their share as being such classic teams.

Ethier is hit and miss I think. I think he has the talent, as he has proven before. His average dropped over 30 points last year, though he did hit alot more homers and have more than 40 doubles. Also it was his year 27 so will most likely be considered his prime season. I always liked Ethier though, and one of the few dodgers I like. I used to like Martin but he turned into a huge cry baby two years ago during the NLCS with the pitchers throwing inside. Its playoff baseball, its what you do.

Eastern teams get more pub, its just as simple as that. The Dodgers do get some but not nearly as much as the East teams.

thats mainly because the eastern teams for the most part have higher population densitys, and are very close to other baseball cities..... more people = more press..... not to mention ESPN is in CT

ESPN is in CT

This is the main reason. ESPN is right in the middle of Boston and New York and pretty much all of their employees are fans of New York and Boston teams so of course they are going to want to focus on them. It drives me nuts when a broadcaster on that network says that they are a fan of a team...

It drives me nuts when a broadcaster on that network says that they are a fan of a team...

I know they are a sports network, but I wish they would just shut their mouths when it comes to teams they like. Im sick of knowing Simmons likes the Sox, Gammons (when he was there) liked the Sox, Stark likes the Phils, etc etc. I want unbiased sports reporting. I want the Pirates Nats game to have as much cover time as the Yanks Tgers game if it was equally as good. I dont need to see all 9 of Sabathia's strikeouts against Detroit when better stuff has happened that day. I know it will never happen though due to population and more popular teams. Thats why I just get mlb.tv every year and watch highlights and news on there after my game.

The Yankees and Red Sox lineups are fucking ridiculous. Seriously, those teams are beyond stacked. Absolutely sickening.

Also, when did Nick Johnson get so fat and old? I swear he looked a lot better last season when the Marlins got him. I know he was hurt for several years but man, he looked like he aged 10 years and gained 50 pounds. Still has an awesome eye and walks ALL THE TIME.