MLB Discussion

The Yankees and Red Sox lineups are fucking ridiculous. Seriously, those teams are beyond stacked. Absolutely sickening.

Also, when did Nick Johnson get so fat and old? I swear he looked a lot better last season when the Marlins got him. I know he was hurt for several years but man, he looked like he aged 10 years and gained 50 pounds. Still has an awesome eye and walks ALL THE TIME.

Nick did look a little larger than life last nite

This next post is for anyone from Boston/are Sox fans.

Becketts extension? Good? Bad? Too long?

I am not gonna look at one game an say he sucked, because it was opening night, AND he couldn't find his curve ball, AND the Yanks line-up is just great.

Ortiz looked old, straight up looked old.

Glad to see the new Sox got in there and made some contributions.

Jacoby in left looks lost and totally played that ball off the wall wrong..

Kinda like the Pen additions for sure..

Anyone wanna discuss, PM me as I love to talk sports but don't wanna choke up the MLB board about all boston talk.

i have big hopes for gardner on the yanks this year.... dude already stole home in the first game of the season... he's gotta be the fastest #9 hitter in baseball

As do I. Some of those steals he had last year were amazing.

I could say he played sloppy defense last night, but everyone, on both teams, did.

i didn't see how many years Beckett got, but he did look kinda rusty last night... CC looked strong until like inning 5.. but he's a notorious slow starter anyways.

4 years 68 million

could buy alot of test presses with that kinda scratch.

Again, I give beckett the 1st game pass, but not having a curveball was just basically giving the Yanks line-up Batting Cage balls I am not surprised he got shelled in 4 1/3.

Curious to see AJ's first game honestly, I always dug his arm

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':8p3vjn5t]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':8p3vjn5t]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I feel sorry for Phillies fans as they have already been eliminated from a WS win this year.

SI picked them over the Rays in their baseball preview issue with Halliday on the cover.

Last year they put Hamels on the cover and we all saw how good he did. Hopefully Halladay is better than the curse.

Also that play through the legs is just amazing.

Was glad to see Weaver get a win last nite and it was cool for Matsui to hit one out in his first game as an Angel. Also glad Kendry got off to a good start, Angels cant afford a sophomore slump from him.

Its only been one game but I think this could be the strongest Angels bullpen in a while. They have 3 guys who could be a closer and one of the best set up men in the game. If the starters can just get thru the 5th, they should be in good shape.

They shut Mauer down which I guess means he's due for a big game now.

Was glad to see Weaver get a win last nite and it was cool for Matsui to hit one out in his first game as an Angel. Also glad Kendry got off to a good start, Angels cant afford a sophomore slump from him.

Its only been one game but I think this could be the strongest Angels bullpen in a while. They have 3 guys who could be a closer and one of the best set up men in the game. If the starters can just get thru the 5th, they should be in good shape.

As a Sox fan, curious to see if the 2 meet AGAIN in the post season, as it seems that is always the case. Gotta like Kazmir once he gets going, always was legit in Tampa. JW looked great last nite for his first game, as I am curious to see what Lackey does tonight for the Sox. Matsui had a nice stroke and hes always been a legit hitter so guys made out on that end gettin rid of old legs vlady..

ps-funny coco crisp is out AGAIN with hand injuries, what a bust.

As a Sox fan, curious to see if the 2 meet AGAIN in the post season, as it seems that is always the case. Gotta like Kazmir once he gets going, always was legit in Tampa. JW looked great last nite for his first game, as I am curious to see what Lackey does tonight for the Sox. Matsui had a nice stroke and hes always been a legit hitter so guys made out on that end gettin rid of old legs vlady..

i miss Kaz :(

fuck our small payroll

i miss Kaz :(

fuck our small payroll

Small payroll be damned, its a pretty competative squad, esp with longoria, bartlett, etc. the rays are certainly not the doormat to MLB anymore.