MLB Discussion

Didn't cheer on any other player like they cheer Manny. To the first part, the last player the Dodgers had that was "that" big of a deal was Sheffield from the Marlins. Before that Daryl Strawberry. Granted Piazza was a big deal but he was homegrown, not a trade or free agent pick-up.

What about Delino DeShields?!

HAHAHAHA Holy shit I would have never thought about that guy again if you didnt mention him.

Well Dodger fans are. I cant remember the last player they had that was this big of a deal. My friend went to the game where Manny homered in the first and she said people were going nuts for him but didnt really cheer on any other players.

Didn't cheer on any other player like they cheer Manny. To the first part, the last player the Dodgers had that was "that" big of a deal was Sheffield from the Marlins. Before that Daryl Strawberry. Granted Piazza was a big deal but he was homegrown, not a trade or free agent pick-up.

kevin brown?

Haha, yeah, they blew a few games against the Bucs this year.

more like they blew a few games against the BREW CREW this year! GO BREWERS!!!!!

Speaking of the Brew-Crew, Fielder looked like he was going to eat Para the other night. Not sure why people make such a big deal about that kind of thing though. Baseball Tonight covers it just to have their "analysis" be, "hey, its no big deal really it happens all the time." Well if that's the case then why bother covering it?

Haha, yeah, they blew a few games against the Bucs this year.

Looked like Issy was cold when he came in and I'm not sure why McMillan or whatever his name, #46 I think, he was blowing away Dodgers wasn't the "closer" for the Cards. He's got nasty stuff.

Every Cards fan wonders the same thing. McClellan is a stud, but he's a rookie, so LaRussa would rather march the two-headed monster that is Izzy and Franklin out there because they're "seasoned veterans."

I don't know that McClellan is the long-term answer in the closer's role, but he should sure as hell get a shot this year, given the other options (or lack thereof).

Izzy is done though. His cutter doesn't cut and his velocity ain't what it used to be. And he seems scared to throw strikes because of it. Franklin was never closer material to begin with. Ugh.