MLB Discussion

Yeah I think the mets trade for an unspectacular former closer after Valverde.

It's one thing to put a bad team out there, but you can't put out a bad team with a garbage closer to blow the minimal amount of leads they do get. Fans would really get aggravated.

Doubt it. They will probably sign some shitty closer. I liked what Valverde did for us setting up Parnell opening day. Parnell just blew it.

Going to the game tomorrow. Boss told me I have work....yeah sorry, Ill be in Flushing. Dont even care if I get fired, thats the sad part haha

i don't think you understand SRO at fenway.

the tickets they're getting are $17 on stubhub, and every SRO section that i've experienced around the park is in a more than reasonable location.

if i can stand during a game at the bar, i can certainly do it at the park.

plus, it's never hard to find a vacant seat. if the ticket holder shows up, big deal. go back to standing.

i don't think you understand SRO at fenway.

the tickets they're getting are $17 on stubhub, and every SRO section that i've experienced around the park is in a more than reasonable location.

if i can stand during a game at the bar, i can certainly do it at the park.

plus, it's never hard to find a vacant seat. if the ticket holder shows up, big deal. go back to standing.

I guess maybe it's different at Fenway. The only games that sell standing room here are opening day or playoff games, thus they are expensive ($50-$100+). If you can get in for $15 and the views aren't bad, I don't think that is a bad deal.

Everyone remember last year when we were going nuts about Justin Upton and talking about whether he hits 50 home runs during the season?

My favorite reasoning the Braves radio broadcasters (whom I actually really love listening to) had for JUp's downturn in productivity last season was that he was too empathetic about his brother not being able to hit.

sox still have the exact same vibe that they played with last year. makes me feel so great about this team's chances to make a run at doing it all again.