NFL Discussion

I really don't blame the Colts for pulling the starters. I think of it this way: them trying to go 16-0 would have been cool, but it's kind of like if a position player was intentionally changing his plan of attack to break records. I wouldn't be okay with that. They were doing what's best for the team, and what's best for the team is going into the playoffs healthy.

yeah, wtf? how did NO lose to Tampa Bay of all teams? that was a shocker.

They lost by playing well for the first 15 minutes and horribly for the remaining 45.

That brutal missed FG sealed the deal.

Is it just me or have there been an inordinate amount of missed kicks this season? And I'm not talking those 50+ yard long shots -- I mean 35 yards and in. Shit -- even extra points! Seems every time I turn on a game someone is missing a kick.

yeah, wtf? how did NO lose to Tampa Bay of all teams? that was a shocker.

They lost by playing well for the first 15 minutes and horribly for the remaining 45.

Is it just me or have there been an inordinate amount of missed kicks this season? And I'm not talking those 50+ yard long shots -- I mean 35 yards and in. Shit -- even extra points! Seems every time I turn on a game someone is missing a kick.

Yeah I've noticed that too about FGs.

Yeah I've noticed that too about FGs.

My father and I agree with you guys.

lol almost have to feel bad for Tyler Thigpin.. guess there's a reason he's a third string QB on the Dolphins.

natalie and I are HUGE pat white fans, watched him through his entire college career... and when Thigpin was playing well, she was worried that they might keep him and not give pat white any more chances... then Thigpin was himself... worries were gone. hahaha

My father and I agree with you guys.

You guys would be correct. Here are the totals for the last 5 seasons:

2009 (through Week 16)

FG% = 81.1

XP% = 98.3

FG% = 84.5

XP% = 99.5

I agree as well, and thank you there for taking the time to post the actual stats. I wonder why they have decreased this year. Odd

How I spent my Sunday:

[image]

SO stoked to see the Jets win. I don't like the Colts and one of my brothers is a big Jets fan. Indy was PISSED when Payton got pulled.

I live in Indianapolis, and everyone I know was throwing a fit. I wish they knew what it was like to be a Cardinals fan. Almost a decade of winning sounds pretty awesome.

as crazy as this sounds, i think peyton manning won the mvp award from the bench in the 2nd half of game 15 and game 16 on their schedule... not the first 14.5 games where he was on the field.

everybody saw that with him on the field, the colts were an undefeated team, and with him on the bench, they couldn't hold a 15-point lead against a shitty team. i think that's what sealed the deal.

it is absurd that johnson didn't get ANY votes, though.

as crazy as this sounds, i think peyton manning won the mvp award from the bench in the 2nd half of game 15 and game 16 on their schedule... not the first 14.5 games where he was on the field.

everybody saw that with him on the field, the colts were an undefeated team, and with him on the bench, they couldn't hold a 15-point lead against a shitty team. i think that's what sealed the deal.

it is absurd that johnson didn't get ANY votes, though.

But at the same time, all the other Colts starters were resting too, so it's not like Painter was working with the same tools. (Plus Brees had a better statistical year as far as QBs are concerned.)

I can understand Manning winning it, but I think voters are too quick to heap praise on QBs and often times completely overlook other positions. Johnson not getting a single vote is crazy.