NFL Discussion

I would rather my team not make it to the SuperBowl than have a season like the Broncos did just to shit the bed when they got to the big game.  To break the record for most touchdowns in the regular season then only score one in the game that means the most is really embarrassing.

That's weird, but good for you I guess, because your team didn't make it to the Super Bowl, so you win.

It's gonna hurt for a little bit, and Denver will collectively hang our heads for a few days, but there is not a chance in hell I would ever wish any team I root for to miss their respective championship.

That's weird, but good for you I guess, because your team didn't make it to the Super Bowl, so you win.

It's gonna hurt for a little bit, and Denver will collectively hang our heads for a few days, but there is not a chance in hell I would ever wish any team I root for to miss their respective championship.

It's still really embarrassing how poorly Denver played.  All well and good that they made it, but that was a pathetic performance.

Gotta agree with a radio caller this morning- much happier to have seen the patriots go out in the championship than get demolished in a Super Bowl.

That was just an embarrassing effort by Denver.

Oh, Peyton set a record? He sure seems to have a lot of those. And none of them really matter.

Oh, Peyton set a record? He sure seems to have a lot of those. And none of them really matter.

Come on man...they "matter" until the next time they are broken...most TDs and yards at least.

I get it, Tom Brady, despite two SB losses to Corky (Eli), is still better, Peyton chokes, blah blah blah. That still doesn't diminish what he has done outside of the post-season.

I am not even a Manning guy, but I respect anyone who can bring what he brought to the game of football.

Come on man...they "matter" until the next time they are broken...most TDs and yards at least.

I get it, Tom Brady, despite two SB losses to Corky (Eli), is still better, Peyton chokes, blah blah blah. That still doesn't diminish what he has done outside of the post-season.

I am not even a Manning guy, but I respect anyone who can bring what he brought to the game of football.

I have to disagree. Being the best regular season quarterback of all time is garbage.

I have to disagree. Being the best regular season quarterback of all time is garbage.

To use someone else's words, PM is still a Mt. Rushmore QB...you don't have to like it or agree with it, but it is still true.

There's some about the QB position that we judge more critically. For instance, if one judges it using the Barry Sanders means criteria then yes, Manning is definitely one of the best QB to play the position. Of course he can't be "thee" best if someone else has extremely good numbers and more rings ergo, Tom Brady, Joe Montana, etc he'll be forgotten shortly just because people are going to naturally thing of their main conclusions (amount of times Championships won) 

Try asking your average 17 year old who Dan Marino is, then ask them who Joe Montana is. They have more of a chance knowing that Tom Brady is one ring away from Joe Montana's 4 than knowing who Marino is or what he did.

Hipster, if it makes you feel any better, I just saw a dude waddle by wearing his broncos hoodie and hat. I always respect the hell out of people who still wear the colors the day after a tough loss.

Yes, Peyton is in the all time top 10. This is just further proof that people NEED to stop acting like he's even close to number one. Because any other qb in the "elite" conversation who played on the teams that he has throughout his career would be boasting far more hardware at this point.

Yes, Peyton is in the all time top 10. This is just further proof that people NEED to stop acting like he's even close to number one. Because any other qb in the "elite" conversation who played on the teams that he has throughout his career would be boasting far more hardware at this point.

Agreed until the hardware comment. There is no way to say with any real certainty that they would have more hardware, but I get your point.

There's some about the QB position that we judge more critically. For instance, if one judges it using the Barry Sanders means criteria then yes, Manning is definitely one of the best QB to play the position. Of course he can't be "thee" best if someone else has extremely good numbers and more rings ergo, Tom Brady, Joe Montana, etc he'll be forgotten shortly just because people are going to naturally thing of their main conclusions (amount of times Championships won) 

Try asking your average 17 year old who Dan Marino is, then ask them who Joe Montana is. They have more of a chance knowing that Tom Brady is one ring away from Joe Montana's 4 than knowing who Marino is or what he did.

By that logic though, Russell Wilson is a better quarterback than Dan Marino, when we all know he didn't do much more than game manage in the playoffs

I don't know man, Wilson hit some pretty nice passes in the SF game and the SB...

Not saying he is "better" than Marino, but he could be by the time it is all said and done. He is definitely on the right path...

I think a 17 year old is just as likely to know about Marino as he is Montana.

If you really think Peyton will be forgotten because he only has one ring (which seems to be what you are getting at) then you've got a strange memory.

good thing he won 1 superbowl so being the best regular season QB of all time isnt complete garbage.  he's only missed the playoffs twice as a starting QB.  not his fault the rest of his team wasnt all that great every single season. 

peytons playoff career numbers are 11-12, 64.8% comp rate, 6589 passing yards, 37 TD, 24 INT and 3 Rushing TD with a QB rating of 89.2.   

He had the team around him to do it this year.  The defense wasn't great but Peyton had plenty of opportunities to keep his team in that game and he didn't.  With 4 legitimate receiving threats, I definitely expected a hell of a lot more fight from the Broncos offense.

so that dimishes everything else he's ever done, gotcha.