NFL Discussion

By that logic though, Russell Wilson is a better quarterback than Dan Marino, when we all know he didn't do much more than game manage in the playoffs

Did you read what I was responding to? That was kind of my point. It's all subjective and it depends on where and how the viewer wants to perceive what matters most, yards and TDs vs championships.

And yea Manning has a Superbowl I don't discredit him from being a top tier QB. But you're talking to me, a San Diego Chargers fan and we've had Manning's number a good amount of times during his reign in Indiana. 

And one more thing, if Wilson who threw for 2 TDs and no interceptions or fumbles is a "manager" of the QB position, what do you call Manning who threw 1TD and 2 INT's ?

The thing about comparing Wilson to Dilfer is answered when you look at Wilsons QB Rating vs Dilfers. (Though he's only 2 years in, I give him a lot of credit for not turning the ball over often)

I think a 17 year old is just as likely to know about Marino as he is Montana.

If you really think Peyton will be forgotten because he only has one ring (which seems to be what you are getting at) then you've got a strange memory.

People are taking this really personal today, I'm not speaking purely about Peyton, I'm speaking about the QB position and it's legacy at large. Not saying Manning will be forgotten at all, I'm just saying Brady's championships will over over more over a longer period of time. I'm not even a Patriots fan but I know better to not let statistics and history cloud my judgement of the game.

wait, who was comparing dilfer to wilson? 

Well Capa was saying Wilson was a "game manager" and it's largely expressed that all Dilfer had to do in his Super Bowl victory was "manage" the game as well.

but... the Broncos set two more individual SB records.   Most completions by a QB (34) most receptions by receiver (12).    The NFC is that much better right now.   The Pats would have been ripped the same way, even again SF.  

Did they interview Sherman and his busted knee after the game?   Karma buddy.  

I'm not seeing how the Karma logic applies to Sherman here? He hasn't hurt anyone physically in a dirty way, he never wished injury upon anyone? But I guess what he has done is hurt some peoples feelings...

And please don't tell me you've taken the whole Sherman thing so personal as to the point where you aren't open minded into some insight about the whole Seahawks organization. I've never seen a team so collectively in agreement with a chip on their shoulders and playing like it was a good day to die!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000323103/article/richard-sherman-on-broncos-receivers-they-felt-us

On a serious note, how much longer can the Broncos keep this WR core?

And how much juice do you think Peyton has in the tank? He said he still enjoys the preparation and the game so I'm guessing two years? I mean the dude has a 96$ million dollar contract could the Broncos keep the core of WR's and Manning at the same time?

I guess what I'm also burning to know is when will the Broncos go into rebuild mode so my Chargers can take the AFC west again.

And how much juice do you think Peyton has in the tank? He said he still enjoys the preparation and the game so I'm guessing two years? I mean the dude has a 96$ million dollar contract could the Broncos keep the core of WR's and Manning at the same time?

I guess what I'm also burning to know is when will the Broncos go into rebuild mode so my Chargers can take the AFC west again.

We've got Welker/Thomas/Thomas on the books for next year. Decker's a free agent and I don't think we'll be able to outbid other teams, so unless he gives us a discount (and the rumor is that he would), then he'll be gone. Even without him it's a solid core and Caldwell has show potential.

All our money and drafting is going to go towards bolstering the secondary. That's the only glaring flaw. Everything else has really solid pieces to build on.

We've got Welker/Thomas/Thomas on the books for next year. Decker's a free agent and I don't think we'll be able to outbid other teams, so unless he gives us a discount (and the rumor is that he would), then he'll be gone. Even without him it's a solid core and Caldwell has show potential.

All our money and drafting is going to go towards bolstering the secondary. That's the only glaring flaw. Everything else has really solid pieces to build on.

what a player thinks is a discount rarely is what a team thinks is a discount.  decker will be going elsewhere. 

Did you read what I was responding to? That was kind of my point. It's all subjective and it depends on where and how the viewer wants to perceive what matters most, yards and TDs vs championships.

And yea Manning has a Superbowl I don't discredit him from being a top tier QB. But you're talking to me, a San Diego Chargers fan and we've had Manning's number a good amount of times during his reign in Indiana. 

And one more thing, if Wilson who threw for 2 TDs and no interceptions or fumbles is a "manager" of the QB position, what do you call Manning who threw 1TD and 2 INT's ?

The thing about comparing Wilson to Dilfer is answered when you look at Wilsons QB Rating vs Dilfers. (Though he's only 2 years in, I give him a lot of credit for not turning the ball over often)

Do you give Alex Smith the same credit now that he's in an offense where he's told never to throw into risky situations and let his defense keep him in the game?

I'm not saying Wilson is a bad QB by any means. But he wasn't asked to carry his team this season or in the playoffs.

so that dimishes everything else he's ever done, gotcha.

And where did I write that?

You're the king of putting words in people's mouths in this thread.  Someone says Peyton only has one ring so he's not the best QB of all time, and you say "you're then saying that Trent Dilfer is as good of a quarterback as peyton manning is.  trent.  dilfer."

I say that Peyton blew it this year, it wasn't his team's fault, you assume I said that everything he's done has been diminished?

Either learn to read what is actually written or don't quote me with your ridiculous interpretation.

And where did I write that?

You're the king of putting words in people's mouths in this thread.  Someone says Peyton only has one ring so he's not the best QB of all time, and you say "you're then saying that Trent Dilfer is as good of a quarterback as peyton manning is.  trent.  dilfer."

I say that Peyton blew it this year, it wasn't his team's fault, you assume I said that everything he's done has been diminished?

Either learn to read what is actually written or don't quote me with your ridiculous interpretation.

you're right, I did misread what you said, came right after I wrote something else in response to Ry, my mistake.  where else did I put something in someone elses mouth in this thread? 

The Pats are 6-6 in the playoffs since Spygate. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

ravens are 9-4 since joe, rice, and harbaugh came to town. just thought i'd throw that out there.

decker will be somewhere else come next season.  i can guarantee it.

Do you give Alex Smith the same credit now that he's in an offense where he's told never to throw into risky situations and let his defense keep him in the game?

I'm not saying Wilson is a bad QB by any means. But he wasn't asked to carry his team this season or in the playoffs.

I feel like Alex Smith was already in that predicament when he was with the Niners, he wasn't making mistakes wasn't asked to throw a lot and the defense could score too

Some guy just came into my work saying the Broncos threw that game, and should be investigated. I don't buy that one bit. The Broncos just weren't prepared, and got beat fair and square. These guys are millionaires, and wouldn't intentionally lose the Super Bowl. Plus I don't even think players are allowed to bet on games, especially their own.

Some guy just came into my work saying the Broncos threw that game, and should be investigated. I don't buy that one bit. The Broncos just weren't prepared, and got beat fair and square. These guys are millionaires, and wouldn't intentionally lose the Super Bowl. Plus I don't even think players are allowed to bet on games, especially their own.

That's even more absurd than my theory. Mine is that they were roofied, and all woke up this morning ready to play in the Super Bowl only to realize that it was Monday and the game already happened.