NFL Discussion

Apparently the grade on him is that he is a special teamer or a situational end in a 3-4 on 3rd downs.

I'd still love to take a chance on a first team all SEC player if my team could. Much rather take that chance in the 5th round than a bigger (or faster) player who didn't really show it on the field.

It didn't seem like much to me. The bummer about watching that video (if I watched the right one) is that Gruden calls Wilson and Ryan Broyles great picks that year.

That was a mini kick to the balls. There wasn't a ton of great later round value in that draft, though, outside of QBs (which the Lions obviously weren't taking)

I don't know if this has been talked about on here but the Aaron Rodgers is gay rumors finally got to a point where he had to admit he is straight this year.  I found it funny the rumors got to that point where he had to address them.

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2013/12/aaron-rodgers-gay-rumors-circulate-did-he-and-boyfriend-kevin-la/

Haha I find this funny. I mean he's def a Cali guy, he's relaxed, funny, just a tad of sarcasm but he's a beast at the QB position. I guess people tell themselves, "He's too likable, what gives?, ah must be gay"

Unfortunately he is wrong to connect the Dolphins losing and the Patriots winning with their ability to handle controversy. The Pats are just a more talented team and the Dolphins are not.

regardless, his point is still valid. one organization knows how to mute all the bullshit and field a team of players who can focus on doing their jobs. the other completely gave in to the circus.

Unfortunately he is wrong to connect the Dolphins losing and the Patriots winning with their ability to handle controversy. The Pats are just a more talented team and the Dolphins are not.

i think the organization handled the hernandez situation great, while the dolphins organization waited and waited to talk about it while the media just ran away with endless possibilities and stories.

Geez la wheeze! Why don't these athletes just have have blogs by now if they're going to write essays on Twitter! I hate the choppiness haha. And shit imagine holding that thought while you Tweet and load up another Tweet box, its equivalent to constantly writing a header on a new page on 1997 ms dos word document

Solid list of names for SEC Defensive Player of the Year awards

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140209/michael-sam-missouri-tigers/

It'll be 7 years since an SEC DPTY has not been selected in the first round

very solid.  yet a GM is saying he is very overrated and shouldn't be drafted. yeah, someone is hoping to get him later than usual. nice bluff anonymous gm.

I'm just saying that his thesis is "if you can't handle controversy, your team is a loser" which is not a valid statement. The valid statement is "if you do not have enough talent to win games, your team is a loser." How it handle's controversy is important to the media and fans but is not the cause of a team winning/losing -- at least, it is a far less significant factor.

It's hard to provide a really good counterexample of a controversial team that wins a lot because the NFL is pretty professional at squashing controversy. How about the Steelers in the seconds half of the 'oughts though? Harrison was called a dirty player, big ben was in a motorcycle accident, he's had multiple charges of sexual assault, Mendenhall was tweeting about 9/11 conspiracy theories...still winners. Had the talent.

Solid list of names for SEC Defensive Player of the Year awards

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140209/michael-sam-missouri-tigers/

It'll be 7 years since an SEC DPTY has not been selected in the first round

Mcclain didn't deserve to be a 7th rounder! At least, with revisionist history he doesn't.

i think the organization handled the hernandez situation great, while the dolphins organization waited and waited to talk about it while the media just ran away with endless possibilities and stories.

the pats did handle that situation well because even when there is no controversy they say the bare minimum to the media. when something actually does happen, they say even less (injuries, off the field issues, etc)

Manslaughterer

I know thats what the law calls it, but when you drive drunk as hell at 5 in the morning and run over and kill an innocent guy trying to get to work, the difference in legal jargon is inconsequential.  Dude made a deliberate decision to drive when he should not have and put others in jeopardy.  I have no sympathy for that.

You are off base. He was buzzed, not drunk. He didn't run the guy over, the guy ran in front of his car. He immediately stopped and called the police. He plead guilty and served his time. He owned it and was very, sincerely apologetic.

I'm all for calling the dude who gets wasted, blows a red light, and kills someone a murderer. You can't just lump everyone who breaks the law into the category of the worst offender without any thought to the circumstances. Our legal system isn't built that way (for good reason).

I know thats what the law calls it, but when you drive drunk as hell at 5 in the morning and run over and kill an innocent guy trying to get to work, the difference in legal jargon is inconsequential.  Dude made a deliberate decision to drive when he should not have and put others in jeopardy.  I have no sympathy for that.

Just make sure when you do this that the person you hit is jaywalking. The was a huge reason why Stallworth pretty much got off.