NFL Discussion

Even though I thought we'd be okay at wide receiver, it really bothers me that the Vikings didn't take a single wide out in what could be the greatest single draft for receivers in NFL history.

well I dont think they were expecting to be without AP, either.  Had they had the foresight to know AP was going to miss all season I am sure they'd have drafted offensive pieces.  

Even though I thought we'd be okay at wide receiver, it really bothers me that the Vikings didn't take a single wide out in what could be the greatest single draft for receivers in NFL history.

Fellow Vikings fan?

Ya it's a tough call. I'm a fan of teddy and barr has been awesome. But we definitely need to start looking into some recievers.

What if they win the Super Bowl, and Peyton retires? It's a possibility.

Losing Peyton isn't going to negate the fact that DT is one of the premier receivers in the league. If they can't come to an agreement during contract negotiations before free agency hits I am near positive they will franchise tag him, in which case he would have no say in the matter outside of a holdout.

Losing Peyton isn't going to negate the fact that DT is one of the premier receivers in the league. If they can't come to an agreement during contract negotiations before free agency hits I am near positive they will franchise tag him, in which case he would have no say in the matter outside of a holdout.

i agree. I think Thomas is the most important piece on their offense, and in my opinion he is the best receiver in the league.

I dont want to see AP go, but he is getting old and it might be a good opportunity.

But i agree, Thomas is not going to happen.

I wonder if the Vikings do decide to part with him (He does have a couple million in dead money if so) what sort of contract he will command in free agency. I'm sure nothing near his current contract numbers, but I have a feeling it could be around or a little lower than Demarco Murray is is going to cost. I'd rather take AP in big D. Plus he has already expressed interest in playing for his favorite team growing up.

Not saying they will sign Demaryius, just think they should at least explore the option if available. It's clear that the Vikings need a true number one wide out. Nobody on this team can get any separation. Jennings isn't a number one guy, Cordarelle has been a bust. Our best receiver right now is Charles Johnson, a guy who wasn't even on roster at the beginning of the year.

Not saying they will sign Demaryius, just think they should at least explore the option if available. It's clear that the Vikings need a true number one wide out. Nobody on this team can get any separation. Jennings isn't a number one guy, Cordarelle has been a bust. Our best receiver right now is Charles Johnson, a guy who wasn't even on roster at the beginning of the year.