NCAA Football Discussion

Love how much Jeff Long is embarrassing himself and the trust in the selection committee. He came within an inch of actually saying the words "quality loss" tonight. That's what college football has come down to. Lose to a good team and it makes you better than not losing at all.

I agree it's a team game, but there is a specific player who touches the ball on every offensive play, and if that player is out, then the team is drastically different.

I think they deserved it by how they persevered with two QB's going down.

Edit: ugh SC got the Duck Dynasty Bowl. What the actual fuck...

Really? Come on man. Asking college kids to play a full 16-17 NFL game season? Hope you're fronting the insurance money.

Most high level draft prospects already have insurance policies just in case. Think about it, it might ease the "rookie wall" most of them hit in the NFL. The NCAA Men's Basketball Tourney is long as hell too.

Most high level draft prospects already have insurance policies just in case. Think about it, it might ease the "rookie wall" most of them hit in the NFL. The NCAA Men's Basketball Tourney is long as hell too.

No comparison whatsoever to the physicality of the two sports.

No comparison whatsoever to the physicality of the two sports.

Agreed but it could be done. Cut the fluff and shorten the regular season. It gives conference games more importance and forces teams to stop schedule 3-4 cupcakes a year.

Serious question: If it had been UT instead of either TCU or Baylor that had an 11-1 record, would they be in the playoffs?

I don't think so. Everyone else seems too though.

Serious question: If it had been UT instead of either TCU or Baylor that had an 11-1 record, would they be in the playoffs?

Who would be their loss? Actually, doesn't matter, Texas played a much tougher schedule than both of those teams. Would it have been enough to get them in? Who knows?