Most you've ever spent to see a show?

If you take into account plane ticket, travel money, and show tickets...

Tom Waits(one of the best shows I've ever seen, you don't wanna know how much I paid)

It was 95 dollars. I know, i paid every penny and it was so fucking worth it. That is if you saw him on the glitter and doom tour.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Waits(one of the best shows I've ever seen, you don't wanna know how much I paid)

It was 95 dollars. I know, i paid every penny and it was so fucking worth it. That is if you saw him on the glitter and doom tour.

ha ha...no. let's just say I WISH I'd only paid $95. It was on the previous tour through Chicago...pre-Orphans box set(which they played a bunch of...)

I spent 25 for an alkaline trio show and that was the most expensive ticket I have ever bought. most shows I go to are between 5 and 15. not wanting to spend more on shows is why I quit seeing coheed every time the came to town after they started playing big venues.

now when I drove 9 hours to see Gaslight at Asbury Lanes I spent a shit load on gas and hotel rooms but still the ticket was cheap as hell :)

£100-150 ($200-300) for reading festival every year since i was 16, except the last two years. Saw a guy pay £80 ($160) to see Glassjaw at their tiny warm up show in London last year, though.

Ah I woulda killed for that!

The Glassjaw warm up btw, not shitty old Reading.

I was at the Glassjaw Brixton show though. ;D Best night of my life!

all total: 350 or so for the first bamboozle in asbury(i only was able to get 1st day and last day tickets...i had to buy my 2nd day off a scapler), i paid 180 per ticket for elton john, i just dropped 120 for neverender, i paid 200 per to see jay-z once...

ive dropped some cash...but, i know i went to see bon jovi with ma-dukes and she paid 300 per ticket and me and her saw the stones (first concert ever!) and those tickets were 400 each....but she never went through ticketmaster...by the time she found out she went to a ticketing service.

Guest scriptedrain
FACT: Brand New sucks live

I don't know the most I paid, probably around $40 or something.

Technically my g/f bought my Lollapalooza ticket, so that doesn't count.

Fact: You know nothing.

FACT: Brand New sucks live

I don't know the most I paid, probably around $40 or something.

Technically my g/f bought my Lollapalooza ticket, so that doesn't count.

Seriously? It's like common knowledge they're not that good. They're pretty boring. I mean on this current tour they're doing the 2 drummers and tons of other people thing which is entertaining for about 5 minutes. Then you realize that Jesse can't sing and the rest of the band has mediocre stage presence.

They were almost painful to watch @ Lollapalooza at times. They def. cannot entertain an audience that isn't all 16y/o girls in an outdoor festival setting.

...but you're right, I know nothing.

Guest kylewilliam

spent $30 to see the tragically hip in new orleans. it was at the house of blues, there were maybe 300 people there. it was fucking amazing.

Seriously? It's like common knowledge they're not that good. They're pretty boring. I mean on this current tour they're doing the 2 drummers and tons of other people thing which is entertaining for about 5 minutes. Then you realize that Jesse can't sing and the rest of the band has mediocre stage presence.

They were almost painful to watch @ Lollapalooza at times. They def. cannot entertain an audience that isn't all 16y/o girls in an outdoor festival setting.

...but you're right, I know nothing.

shhh, there's to be NO ill will or negative opinion about Brand New on the internet.

Um, shit, over $100 for the Smoking Popes...once for the reunion show, another for new year's eve. So..meh. The NYE show came with the 7" which I know goes for that now, so i felt like it was worth it. The reunion show, shit definitely worth it.

Yeah, mine is probably that Alkaline Trio/Popes NYE show, too, since tickets were about $80 after fees I think. After that, it's Wilco ($52, worth every goddamn penny) and Radiohead ($44.40 a ticket, I bought two and then didn't even get to go because I was stuck at O'Hare in Chicago this past Monday due to thunderstorms).

Um, shit, over $100 for the Smoking Popes...once for the reunion show, another for new year's eve. So..meh. The NYE show came with the 7" which I know goes for that now, so i felt like it was worth it. The reunion show, shit definitely worth it.

Yeah, mine is probably that Alkaline Trio/Popes NYE show, too, since tickets were about $80 after fees I think. After that, it's Wilco ($52, worth every goddamn penny) and Radiohead ($44.40 a ticket, I bought two and then didn't even get to go because I was stuck at O'Hare in Chicago this past Monday due to thunderstorms).

Later in the night I was kicking myself for not taking those tix, did someone end up taking them?

Later in the night I was kicking myself for not taking those tix, did someone end up taking them?

Well one of them was locked inside my house, but the other one was at the office so I had a co-worker drive to my house and put it in my mailbox for a friend of mine to grab.