It's My Birthday and I can Write if I Want to

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

So today is my birthday and so far I am having a nice day. We went to this rad sushi restaurant and while there polished off a few tall Sapporo's. I started to get a little tired after lunch and coming down from my buzz so what is a guy to do? that's right, I picked up a dale's pale ale and all of a sudden, I am not feeling so tired. You can tell that my Tim Barry coozie is keeping my Dale's cold and a really nice Birthday card with a Unicorn is hanging out on top of my beer. Seabron made the card and had everyone sign it. I just listened to August 8th (http://www.suburbanhomerecords.com/media...._August 8th.mp3) by NOFX which although not a song about me or my birthday is a must on my Bday. I am going to be leaving pretty early today to have a picnic with my wife and son and I am looking forward to that.

Tomorrow, my wife and some friends and I are going up to the New Belgium Brewery to do a tour which will be followed up by a tour of Odell's brewery. We will have a late lunch at the Osker Blues Brewery and then we plan to see a 4pm screening of Pineapple Express. Should be a good day.

I thought I would share with you a few rad things going on here at VC/SH. Just got off the phone with Portugal the Man's manager and although we are not putting out the upcoming Portugal album on wax, we are working with the band and EVR to have an exclusive color. It sounds like it is going to be one hell of a package - double LP w/ die cut gatefold packaging and mention of our exclusive color being some kind of coloring scheme that resembles veins. Should be sweet. The new album is incredible and I think a partnership with EVR will help the guys gain more fans.

Portugal will be in town on Monday and will be hanging out at the party we are throwing for Kay kay and His Weathered Underground. It is disheartening to see the response I have been getting for invitations to the party. We all get so many millions of messages thrown at us, my invite to see one of the greatest new bands on the planet seem to be falling on deaf ears. Hopefully we can get at least a hundred people to come and see Kay Kay play. We will have fun regardless. They will have a great show the next night and on the tour with Portugal and Rx Bandits so that should be sweet. And we got the vinyl in already for their new 7". We were racing against a ticking clock and we squeaked by on another deadline. We will pack them up on monday and try to get them out monday or tuesday.

This post is already way longer than I had intended it to be, but I leave you with one potentially fucking awesome re-release that may happen courtesy of your friends at VC. This is in no way definite, but I am in negotiations with the fine folks at Hopeless Records to do a Vinyl Collective pressing of both of their Dillinger Four albums "Midwestern Songs of the Americas" and "Versus God". How rad would this be if it happened?

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Portugal will be in town on Monday and will be hanging out at the party we are throwing for Kay kay and His Weathered Underground. It is disheartening to see the response I have been getting for invitations to the party. We all get so many millions of messages thrown at us, my invite to see one of the greatest new bands on the planet seem to be falling on deaf ears. Hopefully we can get at least a hundred people to come and see Kay Kay play.

i just checked them out b/c of this post, and they are so good...

i definitely need to order their albums

Happy Bday Virgil!

Portugal. The Man has some new songs from Censored Colors you can download!

http://media.equalvision.com/evr153/audio/and_i.mp3

http://media.equalvision.com/evr153/audio/out_and_in_and_in_and_out.mp3

I'm so looking forward to this release.

and I wish I could come see Kay Kay, but yeah.. I'm not even in the same country.