Ikea's Expedit

we need another unit for vinyl collective but it costs more to ship it than the actual unit costs. if anyone wants to drive one to Denver, get in touch! It sucks that Ikea doesn't have cheaper shipping options.

they just opened one in orlando, and i could snag one and then just bring it to the UPS store to ship to ya.

You can't repaint plastic-coated fiberboard. It'll look absolutely horrible. If this was made of real wood you could sand it down and stain it, but come on, the shelf is only $100. Sell yours to someone nearby, go buy two matching ones.

Those little drawers are pretty hot. I'ma have to buy two of those. I have some LEKMAN boxes now, which I dig. But the drawers are the hotness.

It's $200. I can't see shelling out $400 and just hoping someone wants to buy my old one

It sucks that Ikea doesn't have cheaper shipping options.

agreeed x10,000

Seriously. The $80 Expedit unit would have cost me around $210 with shipping! I was like "fuck that!" and went to the store. I'm extremely lucky to have one in New Haven only an hour away. It's always worth the drive, even if just for Swedish meatballs and lingenberry juice.

i just went to Ikea yesterday in melbourne, and as a cabinet maker/wood machinist, id have to say most of the stuff there is very poorly made.

that being said, good luck getting someone to build similar things for a cheaper price. but, you get what you pay for i guess

Thats what Ikea is all about... CHEAP! Great for the college student on a budget, as it (usually) functions well, looks reasonably cool, and is affordable. Definitely nothing created by a master craftsman.

However, the Expedit gets the job done. It can support the weight of records, and does so very affordably, so A+ for that product.