PO: Orgy - Candyass

On 12/12/2023 at 11:45 PM, SaulManella said:

Never thought it would happen lol. Bummed they got left behind by the time Punk Static Paranoia came out. It's their best album  

Same! But I'm glad we got Vapor Transmission at all, since they're famous for the Blue Monday cover, which is alright to meh imo. 

I remember the talk about Jay Gordon accidentally deleting all the PSP files and them having to rerecord from scratch. Maybe just an unlucky release, but such an amazing album at that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, SaulManella said:

Both sound great. Unfortunately my copy of Candyass has a speck or something that got pressed into it and there's a nice 10 seconds of popping in the middle of Blue Monday of all fucking places 😫

They did a good job though. Someone do Punk Statik Paranoia now.

Bummer. Did you get yours from Amazon? Looks like it sold out. Won't be able to get a replacement. Mine is coming from Real Gone. Hopefully there's nothing wrong with mine but there's stil some available from Real Gone. You can return it to Amazon (if you did) and order from Real Gone...

4 hours ago, faaip de oiad said:

Bummer. Did you get yours from Amazon? Looks like it sold out. Won't be able to get a replacement. Mine is coming from Real Gone. Hopefully there's nothing wrong with mine but there's stil some available from Real Gone. You can return it to Amazon (if you did) and order from Real Gone...

I got it from real gone. Probably just going to let it slide though. Worst case scenario I don't think the demand is insane for these lol

7 hours ago, SaulManella said:

Both sound great. Unfortunately my copy of Candyass has a speck or something that got pressed into it and there's a nice 10 seconds of popping in the middle of Blue Monday of all fucking places 😫

They did a good job though. Someone do Punk Statik Paranoia now.

My Vapor Transmission has a little chunk of something pressed into it, too. Luckily it's between songs and only makes a minor pop for a few seconds.

Just received mine from real gone. Both have tiny bubbles throughout. Not immensely but enough to be concerned. Gonna clean them up and give them a listen tonight. My concern is that they're on the surface and can damage my stylus. I oughtta bring out my old AT-LP120 for this kinda shit...

Did any of you notice bubbles your vinyl? 

• 2 weeks later...