PO: Anthony Green - Doom. Spun.

/250 - Clear Blue w/ Glitter - https://bornlosersrecords.com/products/anthony-green-doom-spun-clear-blue-w-glitter-vinyl 

/750 - Clear Green w/ Black Splatter - https://bornlosersrecords.com/products/anthony-green-doom-spun-green-black-splatter

/1000 - Hazy / Purple Cloud - https://bornlosersrecords.com/products/anthony-green-doom-spun-hazy-purple-cloud-vinyl

And all 3 on bandcamp too - https://anthonygreen.bandcamp.com/album/doom-spun

(The label DM'd me back to confirm it's only these 3 variants for this pressing for now)

"This album Doom. Spun. is a collection of experimentation and collaboration, like a collage of moments from my life since Boom. Done. was released. I began building the record using some of the songs that didn't fit on Boom. Done., Megadeath is a song that I have been working on for the past few years. I recorded an electronic version of the song with my friend Death Barrier during the pandemic and on the first week of the tour, I was workshopping a solo arrangement that really seemed to be connecting with the audience. When I played my hometown of Philly, we had the chance to record the new version at the @worldcafelve studio with @toddmec and had members of the audience sing backup vocals on it. Being able to record this song while on tour and with people who were attending my shows was a truly unique experience. I am excited that the essence of these experiences is captured in the heart of this song. Megadeath is out now. Doom. Spun. is out June 26th on @bornlosersrecords." - Anthony

Tracklist - 

1. Megadeath 
2. All Hours (feat. Moshtradamus / Death Barrier) 
3. I Don't Want to Die By Strings (feat. Summer Swee-Singh) 
4. 3am (feat. Prentiss) 
5. Numb, But I Still Feel It 
6. If I Wasn't Yours 
7. Lude. Spun. 
8. Megdub (feat. Moshtradamus / Death Barrier)
9. Funtimes in Babylon 
10. I Have Dreamed of You So Much 
11. Middle Of The Night
12. Don't Dance (Live at NOMAD) 
13. Fucks Me Up (Moshtradamus / Death Barrier Remix)

DoomSpunGlitterMock_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1713298082DoomSpunGreen_BlackSplatter_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1713298882 DoomSpunPurpleCloudMock_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1713299041 

Edited by Justinadamk

7 minutes ago, Rip said:

Kinda figured that but like… is it a remix album?  Cover album?  Reworked album?  Live?  Everything?  I don’t understand 

I think you have as much info as anyone here, butit looks to me like there are a few covers on there, couple "alternate versions" of songs I'm sure but don't know in what way, couple songs that didn't make the cut for Boom.Done.

1 hour ago, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

I think you have as much info as anyone here, butit looks to me like there are a few covers on there, couple "alternate versions" of songs I'm sure but don't know in what way, couple songs that didn't make the cut for Boom.Done.

This is correct. When you look back on the catalog he's done something like this for each album just about.

-Avalon & the Colin remix Avalon album 

-Beautiful Things & the beautiful Spring and December EPs

-Would You Still Be In Love & the Strings version of the album

-Boom Done & Doom Spun tour EP and LP (LP seems to have 5 of the EP songs)

But Young Legs and pixie queen seem to only have themselves

2 hours ago, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

Alright JUST saw this on Facebook even though he posted it 12 hours ago:

”This album Doom. Spun. is a collection of experimentation and collaboration, like a collage of moments from my life since Boom. Done. was released. I began building the record using some of the songs that didn't fit on Boom. Done., Megadeath is a song that I have been working on for the past few years. I recorded an electronic version of the song with my friend Death Barrier during the pandemic and on the first week of the tour, I was workshopping a solo arrangement that really seemed to be connecting with the audience. When I played my hometown of Philly, we had the chance to record the new version at the @worldcafelve studio with @toddmec and had members of the audience sing backup vocals on it. Being able to record this song while on tour and with people who were attending my shows was a truly unique experience. I am excited that the essence of these experiences is captured in the heart of this song. Megadeath is out now. Doom. Spun. is out June 26th on @bornlosersrecords. Pre-order the LP and merch at https://orcd.co/megadeath”

Edited by Rip

44 minutes ago, Rip said:

Alright JUST saw this on Facebook even though he posted it 12 hours ago:

”This album Doom. Spun. is a collection of experimentation and collaboration, like a collage of moments from my life since Boom. Done. was released. I began building the record using some of the songs that didn't fit on Boom. Done., Megadeath is a song that I have been working on for the past few years. I recorded an electronic version of the song with my friend Death Barrier during the pandemic and on the first week of the tour, I was workshopping a solo arrangement that really seemed to be connecting with the audience. When I played my hometown of Philly, we had the chance to record the new version at the @worldcafelve studio with @toddmec and had members of the audience sing backup vocals on it. Being able to record this song while on tour and with people who were attending my shows was a truly unique experience. I am excited that the essence of these experiences is captured in the heart of this song. Megadeath is out now. Doom. Spun. is out June 26th on @bornlosersrecords. Pre-order the LP and merch at https://orcd.co/megadeath”

My dude.

That blurb was literally in this thread in the FIRST post 10 hours before you posted. Did you just not read the post and then ask "What is this?"

Then hours later you "found" the description on facebook after you'd already supposedly read this thread and asked what it was? Take your ADHD meds man.

13 hours ago, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

My dude.

That blurb was literally in this thread in the FIRST post 10 hours before you posted. Did you just not read the post and then ask "What is this?"

Then hours later you "found" the description on facebook after you'd already supposedly read this thread and asked what it was? Take your ADHD meds man.

Please don’t tell Anthony that I didn’t know what this album was.  I need him to keep making songs like Megadeath

the whole thing is super off in unpleasant kind of way.

Like I feel song supposed sound like a "rough lo-fi/analogue tape demo" but it sounds clean, badly mixed/produced with some stock presets slapped on guitar in a hurry.

Based on how he sings text feels like it supposed to be personal and sad. it. But its just stupid and awkward.

Video feels like it supposed to be "old found tape" or something. But it looks irritatingly modern and out of place.

Anthony looks happy and playfull in the video. But I can't shake the feeling that I watch a guy who will commit suicide in a few weeks.

Overall very eerie video\song.