First time drinking

AlexH.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that applies to all alcohols.

I'm not well versed on liquors, but I'd imagine so. My friends always put their bottles of whatever they're drinking in the freezer and what not and I find it silly. When you go the bar the bottles are out in the open?!?!?!

They probably just mix the vodka/rum/etc. into a cold drink anyway, so it really doesn't make much of a difference there.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO ONE likes the taste of alcohol. They might be able to hide it using other flavors, but the bottom line is alcohol is a poison to your body until it is broken down by your liver and our bodies are wired to support doing things like drink alcohol.

Different people have different tastes regarding what hides the taste of alcohol better such as beer grains, pop, water, juices, and so on. Smokers are able to drink things with higher alcohol contents because they have destroyed some of their taste buds.

I am a weekend drinker. My favorite thing to do is to start with a bottle of some kind of mid-strength liquor like brandy or schnapps, but not whiskey or rum. I take shots of it and chase them with water. Drinking the water really helps with hangovers as opposed to pop, which only further dries your body out. After the first 2 or 3 it gets a lot easier. Once I'm drunk (usually about a shot every 5 minutes for an hour) I call my friends to go to the bar and coast the buzz until closing usually.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of you disagree with whether alcohol can truly taste good or just less bad, as I believe, but no can doubt the importance of pre-drinking before going to the bar to save money.

NO ONE likes the taste of alcohol. They might be able to hide it using other flavors, but the bottom line is alcohol is a poison to your body until it is broken down by your liver and our bodies are wired to support doing things like drink alcohol.

Different people have different tastes regarding what hides the taste of alcohol better such as beer grains, pop, water, juices, and so on. Smokers are able to drink things with higher alcohol contents because they have destroyed some of their taste buds.

I am a weekend drinker. My favorite thing to do is to start with a bottle of some kind of mid-strength liquor like brandy or schnapps, but not whiskey or rum. I take shots of it and chase them with water. Drinking the water really helps with hangovers as opposed to pop, which only further dries your body out. After the first 2 or 3 it gets a lot easier. Once I'm drunk (usually about a shot every 5 minutes for an hour) I call my friends to go to the bar and coast the buzz until closing usually.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of you disagree with whether alcohol can truly taste good or just less bad, as I believe, but no can doubt the importance of pre-drinking before going to the bar to save money.

too many words. too much science/schedule to your drinking. kinda like american psycho.

too many words. too much science/schedule to your drinking. kinda like american psycho.

I can assure you with 80% certainty I am not a psycho. Not planning out your drinking at least a little is an easy way to end up in a strip club with a $150 charge on your debit card the next day.

I don't really care to disagree with the pure taste of just alcohol. No one drinks pure alcohol so that argument is pure semantics and theoretical.

As for "pre-drinking," that's just lame. A friend of mine would pre-eat before going to get sushi because he didn't want to eat so much sushi.

I can assure you with 80% certainty I am not a psycho. Not planning out your drinking at least a little is an easy way to end up in a strip club with a $150 charge on your debit card the next day.

So not planning is the best way to have good stories?

Guinness is my choice of beer. Not that I drink it too often. My favorite is peppermint shnaps with hot chocolate. Yes, it may sound like a kids drink, but it gets me pretty buzzed.

If you want to get drunk fast, just take a few jaegerbombs. Tastes like coughsyrup but after the first two you stop tasting things.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':igb565yi]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':igb565yi]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Guinness is my choice of beer. Not that I drink it too often. My favorite is peppermint shnaps with hot chocolate. Yes, it may sound like a kids drink, but it gets me pretty buzzed.

If you want to get drunk fast, just take a few jaegerbombs. Tastes like coughsyrup but after the first two you stop tasting things.

Jaeger + Rumplemans = tastey and totally fucked

False, examples:

Guinness

Crown Royal

Jameson Whiskey

Shiner Bock

Blue Moon

Pabst(I love the way pabst tastes, I don't drink for hipster points)

Jager

Gin and Tonic

Sam Adams(almost all their flavors)

There are way more drinks that I actually enjoy the taste of. What you should have said is that no one really expects the way any alcohol will taste at first. But once you get weathered, you find the beauty in the beers, the ripeness of the rye, the happy of the hops. I could go on, but that's just because I appreciate alliteration.

False, examples:

Guinness

Crown Royal

Jameson Whiskey

Shiner Bock

Blue Moon

Pabst(I love the way pabst tastes, I don't drink for hipster points)

Jager

Gin and Tonic

Sam Adams(almost all their flavors)

There are way more drinks that I actually enjoy the taste of. What you should have said is that no one really expects the way any alcohol will taste at first. But once you get weathered, you find the beauty in the beers, the ripeness of the rye, the happy of the hops. I could go on, but that's just because I appreciate alliteration.

I think he's referring to pure grain alcohol which no one would ever like. I think in his mind beer, what goes in to making it, is a flavorant.

Sammy,

I don't expect to change your opinion on whether beer tastes good. Clearly, you like the taste. I think it tastes terrible and only drink it when I feel like getting screwed up. Agree to disagree.

Pre-partying does not mean that you can't have a ton of fun. You can still get as drunk as you want at the bar. It is just a whole lot cheaper and when you drink almost every Friday and Saturday night like I do saving $40 or so every weekend adds up quickly.

1. if you dont enjoy drinking, you're doing it wrong.

2. love the sweeping claims in this thread. "i've had PBR and bud light, and some Bartons vodka. im an expert. all alcohol taste terrible."

3. whatever. do you own shit and stop thinking people care so much about your "deep" thoughts regarding drinking.

1. if you dont enjoy drinking, you're doing it wrong.

2. love the sweeping claims in this thread. "i've had PBR and bud light, and some Bartons vodka. im an expert. all alcohol taste terrible."

3. whatever. do you own shit and stop thinking people care so much about your "deep" thoughts regarding drinking.

So what are we supposed to post? "I drink" or "I don't drink" and leave it at that? Any post over 10 words should be deleted? The guy that started this thread asked for people's take on drinking and their first time stories. Your post sounds like some frat boy in college--just drink and don't think about it.

The first time I ever really drank, was in 9th Grade. I had tried beer before, and thought it tasted pretty terrible. So, I believe one of my friends suggested we drink Vodka instead. I tasted the Vodka and thought it tasted horrible. However, Not really knowing that Vodka is much, much stronger than beer, I figured all alcohol tasted bad and just kept gulping the vodka down, at a beer drinking pace.

Not Pretty.

my first time drinking i probably had almost a 26 of rum to myself watching a CFL game at a friend's house, i dont remember the end of the game, or leaving my friend's house or how i got home or barfing on the kitchen floor or getting punched by my dad or getting into bed

i love time travelling lol

I remember the second time i drank, i drank a whole bottle of everclear at my friends house (it was suppose to be fore both of us but he flaked) and some hawaiian punch. All i remember is saying i was going to bed and fell asleep, i don't remember anything after. i heard i was taking my pants off in front of his cousin (because i secretly liked her) and was running everywhere like i was sober, until i stopped and then fell over everytime. I also threw a pie at him (i don't know where the pie came from either, but he showed me the shirt with the pie crust and apple all over it).. the next day i woke up like nothing happened, until his mom told me what i did. i was so embarrassed.

i just got back from the store, bought 2 6 packs of cider (ace and hornsby's) a 12 of new castle, and a 6 of bass.

and to the person who said something about how Guiness says keep chilled. Im not sure if you're familiar with all the guiness bottles and can's, but certain ones are meant to be poored and drank at room temp, especially when it's on draft. others are in bottles and specifically say "to drink from the bottle" and "others say to keep chilled)which will give it a certain taste. They're all wonky about stuff like that, so people tend to get confused... Usually when it's from the tap, it's suppose to be poored at a 45 degree angle 3/4 or 2/3 (i can't remember) , then let it settle (2 or 3 minutes. complete the rest of it, once it's said and done, it should have a head just over the top of the glass, with no overspill.

Believe it or not there's actually a certain way to pour Guiness. My buddy who is from Kilkenny told me about it when she was here, and that it usually take s a few minutes to properly pour one. And it does taste differently, She also said unless your'e in Ireland it doesnt matter because the guiness here isn't brewed exactly like it is in Ireland. So it kinda defeats the purpose but it's nice info to know.

So i was right? yay!!! I actually almost bought some guiness, but i decided i hadn't had a new castle in a while so...

im still wondering.. what's a good cider to drink. I haven't had hornsby's yet, so this is my first 6 of it. i have had ACE and it's not bad, but i'm a cider newbie, so... Anyone have a nice cider to recommend?