Midtown: Do you even care?

jacobe

they are and have almost always been one of my favorite bands...

Really? Did they do Kings of Pop? That record was pretty good.

that was home grown dude.

nah the first time my friend randy played me save the world, lose the girl...man that just struck me.

i HATED pop-punk @ the time....i was all about korn, limp bizkit, [insert shitty nu-metal band here]. but i mean...the opening lines of just rock & roll..."God i wish I could hate you for the rest of my..." for a 18 year old dude, it just hit me like a ton of bricks...

shit i remember sitting there just awestruck. @ the time he was trying to get me into his music, i remember him playing NFG, and blink, shit im pretty sure he had one of the brand new demos...but midtown was the band i went for...

midtown is incredible. i saw them open the nfg tour with dashboard, and just like said poster above, the line "god i wish i could hate you for the rest of my..." were spouted and they all kicked off and started rocking. i bought the album immediately. that show was one of the best shows i've ever been to. nfg, dashboard, and midtown at the old door dallas for 8 bucks. shit will never be like that again, and it saddens me.

i never liked cobra starship, since their first song was that snakes on a plane bullshit. i saw one of their music videos the other day and didnt really like it.

They actually released that Holla Back Boy song first, and it was pretty bad. I'm not really a fan of either band, for some reason I just never got into Midtown.

I saw this band many man times throughout the years (I'm almost 28) and was never impressed or found anything all that great about them live or on record. I've given each and every record a chance and other than a handful of songs have never "got it".

Also, throughout the years of seeing the band & interacting with him, Gabe has more times than not been an arrogant dickbag of a guy.