Potential future tourmates for the Gaslight Anthem

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just running through my head of what I could think that would work, be diverse, yet not have any really really bad bands. You could take any five of these

gaslight

SYG

I Am The Avalanche

Portugal

Rx Bandits

Crime in Stereo

Hit The Lights

Valencia

Person L

Kevin Devine

Frank Turner

Swellers

Polar Bear Club

New Ams

Mike Park

Lemuria

Kay Kay

Houston Calls

Broadway Calls

Envy On The Coast(did they already play an AP tour)

Dear and the Headlights

What five of those bands would sell out an 1800-capacity room? And not just once, but 30-40 times?

gaslight, rx bandits, set your goals, valencia, i am the avalanche

Hey Scott,

Is 3OH3 really that big? If the line up was Gaslight, SYG, PTM, Maine, and Lemuria you'd have rock, punk, indie, 13-year-old-girls, and the underground indie kids covered and you could still do five covers w/ the fourth being the only one featuring Lemuria along w/ a group shot of the other bands a la Warped Tour issues.

<3 kisses

also if you ever have a free minute could you shoot me a PM about who I need to contact about submitting a review to AP?

-jm

Maybe I'm out of touch with Gaslight, but are they really big enough to headline 1500-1800 venues?

For draw purposes, I think A Day to Remember and Set Your Goals together with Gaslight is probably your best chance at getting consistently good draws. I think the other bands listed, except P.TM maybe, can't draw for crap except in some major markets.

Okay, so judging on the current responses, what if the bill was something like the Gaslight Anthem/the Maine/Set Your Goals/3OH!3/Portugal. The Man? Would the good outweigh the not-so-good, in your opinion? Would you pay $15 for a ticket to that show? What if you swapped out Portugal or SYG for, say, Pierce The Veil or Hit The Lights?

If the Maine and 3oOH!3 played first I would deffinetly go that way I could skip them. If they were playing in the middle of the show I'd deffinetly have some reservations. I want to see Gaslight with a bunch of people who love them going nuts. NOT with a bunch of douchey 15 year olds.

Gaslight, PTM, SYG, Maine, 3OH!3. In that order. How about that?

this makes perfect sense. let me spell it out.

first 2 bands: $$$, little kids, pretty hair, AP hype bands

SYG: usually play a 30 minute set anyway, and they are pretty high up on the popularity list after touring with paramore and being catchy as fuck. also attracts hardcore crowd, $$

PTM: i'm sick of them opening because they jam alot and usually play only 4 songs (or so it seems). co-headlining will get them the popularity they deserve, and alow them to play more songs

gaslight: i don't need to write anything here

DO NOT do rotating sets. that would suck

I echo much of what has been said before. I wouldn't be interested in any of those opening bands and would probably go as late as possible to only see gaslight.

This would obviously would expose gaslight to the fashion core kids, but I don't think gaslight's current fan base has much crossover with bands they like.

Gaslight, PTM, SYG, Maine, 3OH!3. In that order. How about that?

this makes perfect sense. let me spell it out.

first 2 bands: $$$, little kids, pretty hair, AP hype bands

SYG: usually play a 30 minute set anyway, and they are pretty high up on the popularity list after touring with paramore and being catchy as fuck. also attracts hardcore crowd, $$

PTM: i'm sick of them opening because they jam alot and usually play only 4 songs (or so it seems). co-headlining will get them the popularity they deserve, and alow them to play more songs

gaslight: i don't need to write anything here

DO NOT do rotating sets. that would suck

That was pretty much exactly my thought. You got your pre-req for random flavor of the months and three solid acts who deserve to "headline" anyway. I would be fine with SYG, PTM, and Gaslight rotating the headlining set and the other two acts rotating the first set of the night. That would be alright.