EBAY to cap shipping price on records at $4?!?!?!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the "shipping police" not be alerted if the category is anything BUT "records" when selling?

Yeah but that hurts you as a seller and that sucks. Sure sometimes you search for what you want but I can't be the only buyer who just goes to records and browses the genres. If you don't list it in records, I wont see it unless I am looking for that item specifically.

Is it just records, or all music? I wouldn't mind CDs being capped at $4. It's quite shitty when people sell CDs for like $7 domestic shipping.

it's the only way for most CD sales to actually generate some sort of profit nowadays. no one really wants to pay for the majority of cd's out there.

Will the "shipping police" not be alerted if the category is anything BUT "records" when selling?

Yeah but that hurts you as a seller and that sucks. Sure sometimes you search for what you want but I can't be the only buyer who just goes to records and browses the genres. If you don't list it in records, I wont see it unless I am looking for that item specifically.

See...I rarely search under the "records" category. Most of the time, I just search under "all categories" unless it's a band/record that may be too vague and yield too large of a result...bands like ISIS and Sophia. At that point I just narrow it down to "music".

I was just looking at Paypal. Do you know that Paypal REQUIRES you to not only have tracking for every item, but to require a signature for items over $250.

"For items with a value of $250.00 USD or more, in addition to proof of delivery, you must provide proof of signature from the recipient. This proves that the item was delivered to the buyer. Many carrier companies offer these proof of delivery services."

^^ But that's if you use their postage system right? I never have so I don't know how it works.

I'm pretty sure it's "In case a claim is filed against you", and that if you're accepting cash through paypal $250+, to defend yourself in a claim you must show proof of signature. Hence sellers always losing Paypal claims without delivery confirmation numbers.

(That's my interpretation, anyways.)

• 2 weeks later...