EBAY to cap shipping price on records at $4?!?!?!

So when listing a record today, this notice popped up:

"Starting in October, the maximum shipping cost in this category will be $4.00. You'll be asked to enter a shipping cost less than or equal to this cost for the first U.S. flat rate shipping service.

Get a head start on these changes by updating your shipping costs for this listing "

WTF?!? What's if it's a triple LP or a Box Set or something. I hope that is for Media Mail, as Priority Mail is more than $4.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck...Ebay is getting fucking retarded. No offense but $4 barely covers media mail and a mailer. Not to mention the time it takes to take it to the post office and shit. If you're not a major distributor $5 or $6 isn't unbelievable (especially since I use delivery confirmation standard, so paypal can't ass jack me on "it was never sent").

So roughly $3 to ship (with confirmation), $1 for a mailer and no compensation for the time it takes go to the post office and mail that bullshit. Guess I'll be making confirmation optional.

Fuck...Ebay is getting fucking retarded. No offense but $4 barely covers media mail and a mailer. Not to mention the time it takes to take it to the post office and shit. If you're not a major distributor $5 or $6 isn't unbelievable (especially since I use delivery confirmation standard, so paypal can't ass jack me on "it was never sent").

So roughly $3 to ship (with confirmation), $1 for a mailer and no compensation for the time it takes go to the post office and mail that bullshit. Guess I'll be making confirmation optional.

Pretty much right on, with gas the way it is not being able to compensate yourself a little for time and driving expense is lame. Media Mail on a 2xLP is $2.58. Confirmation is another $0.75 and the mailer is between $0.70 and $0.60. Right there is more than $4. Woohoo so I get to charge less than actual cost to ship AND I get charged fees. Sweet, eBay rules.

I don't know if its like this everywhere else but on Ebay Australia you now have to pay for an item using Paypal.

No bank deposits, checks, money orders nothing.

Such a blatant grab for money considering Ebay and Paypal are owned by the same people.

I hope this somehow doesn't affect shipping prices for OS, because i would hate to miss out on stuff due to people not wanting to ship to my country because the shipping cost is somehow capped at $4 dollars

if you use the shipping tool in your paypal under merchant services, delivery confirmation is only 18 cents.

Which I'm assuming this is supposed to push you to do. Do you need any sort of special labels for paypal shipping?

nah i just use paper and put tape over the label. No need to put tape over the label if you have a laser printer.......

Yeah, what sucks is you have to use a USPS Tracking Number of someone pays with Paypal. Otherwise anyone can say I never received the package and if you don't have a tracking number, you're out that money.

Which would mean you're back to $0.75 for confirmation, right?

Even with $0.18 confirmation you're still at about $3.50 just for materials and postage. That's cutting it close.

Wow, the new search they are using is terrible so I don't even buy of eBay that much anymore.

Looks like I won't waste my time selling. I mean I always try to be fair with shipping, priority mail for a LP is 5 bucks, and yeah what about box sets. I think it bullshit that eBay is even telling people what they can charge. If a seller charges 40 bucks to ship, that's their problem.