NHL 09 or 2K9?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone needs to get Vin Scully to do commentary for a game. Epic.

That'd be so bad ass.

So much of his skill is in his story telling, so they could even just record his basic play-by-play shit new for the game and then pull old stories from past telecasts to fill the gaps.

Anything to make sure when he's done doing what he's the best ever at doing there's a way to still hear him call a game. Call a game without watching "For Love of the Game" that is.

Fact: Joe Morgan and Jon Miller are two of the absolute worst baseball commentators/analysts ever.

The playoffs should feature the HOME TEAM's announcers for every single game, as there are no local announcers worse than them. Well, maybe Hawk Harrelson. But he's at least kind of funny bad.

If anyone who hasn't played it wants a copy of MVP 2004 for PS2 I'll sell it for $5 ppd. You can customize rosters and shit so you can make some hilarious teams. It's a great game, but there's no point to having both. The engine is great on that game. You'll hate the 2K ones after you play MVP.

both demos are out on ps3 & 360 try them out. The demo for 09 has a much better presentation but 2k9 wasnt bad either. I bought 09 yesterday and am quite happy with it, there was no way i was going with 2k9 because im too used to the EA controls and i like it. Also wanted the centenial Canadiens team.

The Be A Pro mode didnt impress me in the demo but now with the full game im completely hooked and i even keep the option to sit on bench when im not playing and its not boring at all. I also changed the way i play, im less aggressive and watch whats going on a lot more.

Picked up 09 (of course) on PS3 today. My PSN id is in my sig if anyone wants to have a game.

hey add me up!

theluciccrew

I added you. I also am trying to get a team together for the Be A Pro mode, but I think it might be better if a bunch of us try to get on an already established team. It seems like you can't play unless you have a full team of players, which kind of sucks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i picked up NHL09 for PS3. i set up to play a season (dynasty or whatever they call it this year). and i've noticed that the computer team NEVER changes it lines. they play the entire game with their top line and their guys never get tired. is there anyway you can change this? am i missing something? cause if you can't change that i think i'm going to throw this game in the garbage.

i won the calder and smythe on the BAP, along with the cup. leading the league in points and goals so far in my second season, about 20 games in. still only ranked a 78 overall. :rolleyes:

it took me 44 games to make the call up. fucking sucked. WBS on that game is pathetic and noone knows how to shoot the puck besides me on the team. once i got the controls down around game 30 though, started going a lot better.

I could not get enough of this game, until it decided to become Unreadable on my 360. No matter what i try, new games, deleting my saves, it still says its inreadable after like 10 minutes of gameplay.

Has this happened to anyone else before? If so, what did you do. I miss Be a Pro. Lol.

I played the NHL 09 demo on PS3....I really didn't like the controls at all. Way too hard to get used when I'm used to the NHL 94 style....is there a way to edit them? If not, that shit is gonna be very hard to learn.

You can change the controls to the 94 style. I have not tried it that way so I am not sure how good it works.