Vinyl Collective to release Dillinger Four, Avail

Guest admin1338560633

We have just faxed the signed agreement to our friends at Hopeless Records which will allow us to re-release two albums by a band I consider one of the greatest punk bands on the planet, Dillinger Four. We have licensed the 2 albums they released on Hopeless, "Midwestern Songs of the Americas" and "Versus God", for release on vinyl.

When both albums went out of stock earlier this year, I had inquired to my sales rep the possibility of doing a Vinyl Collective exclusive color on a future repress for both albums. As they looked into the possibility of doing this, they countered by asking if I would be interested in licensing the album for release on vinyl. I could not believe the turn of events and answered back in the affirmative.

This band and these albums mean so much to me. For those of you who don't know, i actually worked at Hopeless Records when Dillinger Four were signed and was their when "Midwestern Songs" was released. I had already been a fan ever since I first heard "Open and Shut" on the Allied Records' compilation "Invasion of the Indie Snatchers". I swear I listened to that track over and over and over again. I then sought out everything the band had out which included their split with the Strike, and a few other 7"s which later got compiled together as "This Shit is Genius". Being able to release these albums on vinyl has really brought me around full circle and I could not be happier about that.

While talking about D4, I also wanted to officially go on record to announce that we will also be re-releasing the classic Avail albums "Over the James", "4 AM Friday", and "Dixie" on vinyl. On the same day that we faxed our agreement to Hopeless, we received a parcel from Jade Tree with a signed agreement that will allow us to release these classic albums on vinyl. These vinyl pressings will include all the bonus material on the Jade Tree albums and will be pressed on Gatefold LP jackets.

Having released Tim Barry (singer of Avail)'s albums for the past few years, it really got me thinking about the fact that these really amazing Avail albums were not available on vinyl. I considered it a crime and talked to the good people at Jade Tree and after some going back and forth, we worked out a deal.

I will admit that when I first got into punk rock, Avail were too heavy for me (I was a total pop-punk kid). At some point though, I finally listened to Over the James and the record just blew me away. The first time I saw Avail, coincidentally they were on tour with Dilinger Four, and I had never seen a more incredible live band. I was amazed at the dialogue between the band and audience. I quickly became a super fan.

I still can't believe that we will soon be able to release these incredible albums on vinyl. No release date is set for Dillinger Four or Avail, but expect an announcement about those soon!

I love Dillinger Four and Avail. You know those times you go see a show (or play a show in my case) and you are there to see one of the touring bands that you know of, and then the next band comes on and you're floored. That's how i was when i saw Dillinger Four. I had never heard of them and seeing them for the 1st time, made me a fan.. They only had a couple of 7"2 available at the time, so i bought those up quickly. That was a fun show.

And Avail's just fun to watch and see. Good live band and Beau Beau jumping around getting the crowd hyped up helped. Lots and lots of fun at their shows.

Virgil, congrats on getting the permission to release these!! Again, you'll be getting what little money i have available. lol