Best tour that you regret not seeing

311thrice

I was thinking about this and there are a lot of shows that I wish I would have gone to. But the one that I kick myself the most for missing happened on 9-20-03 (I remember b/c it was on my birthday).

Rufio (1985 had just come out)

Motion City Soundtrack (I Am The Movie had just come out)

Northstar (still touring off of Is This Thing Loaded)

Over It (Timing Is Everything was about to be released)

I didn't know Over It at the time, but little did I know that they would become one of my favorite bands.

Would've been amazing.

How about you guys?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fall of 2002, thursday and cursive played in Jax (about 6 hours from where i lived at the time). I was not old enough to drive yet, but was already going to jax that weekend with a friend, but had to leave when they were leaving. got into town about midnight the night of the show. eternally bummed. after that i didnt see thursday until after War... and cursive until happy hollow.

Pop Disaster Tour (Green Day and blink-182) - mainly because i never saw blink and will never see green day play a modest sized venue again

That show was fun as shit.

Any At the Drive-In show... ugh.

I remember At-the Drive in was on their first or second tour supporting relationship of command and they were supposed to play the bigger theatre venue in town, I think they were even a few shows deep into the tour, they broke up and the rest of the tour was canceled. So pissed.

I'd kill for an ATDI reunion.

Any At the Drive-In show... ugh.

I remember At-the Drive in was on their first or second tour supporting relationship of command and they were supposed to play the bigger theatre venue in town, I think they were even a few shows deep into the tour, they broke up and the rest of the tour was canceled. So pissed.

I'd kill for an ATDI reunion.

Same thing happened to me w/ 88 Fingers Louie (they broke up on the AFI tour, I believe).

Pop Disaster Tour (Green Day and blink-182) - mainly because i never saw blink and will never see green day play a modest sized venue again

Saw this at the Forum in LA. Green Day was incredible at this show and Blink played last and sounded so terrbile. Kinda weird cause they souneded great every other time I saw them. Even back in the day when Scott was drumming. Jimmy Eatl World opened this show too and were amazing.

A couple years ago, Lagwagon/The Lawrence Arms/A Wilhelm Scream. That's a killer lineup if I've ever heard of one.

And when I went on a trip to Europe, Strike Anywhere happened to be playing one of the nights we were in Paris. I kick myself all the time for not seeing them then. They're probably my second favorite band, and what are the odds!

The Lawrence Arms/None More Black/Colossal in 2003...I never got to see Colossal. I drove up to Flint once to see them and Whale|Horse, but neither band ended up playing, total bummer.

The Plea for Peace 2002? with Common Rider/The Lawrence Arms/and other that I don't want to name, because it depresses me.

i believe it was the 1999 or 2000 please for peace tour: THE ALKALINE TRIO, LAWRENCE ARMS, HONOR SYSTEM + OTHERS...wish i could have seen that

2000...I kid you not, the Detroit date of this tour is still one of my favorite concerts ever. Everything about it was perfect.