NHL Discussion

I honestly thought the jackets were going to be a top team at the start of the year. So did a lot of people I guess. To finish as bad as they did is insane. This may sound insane, but I really don't think Yakupov is what they need. I say they trade the first overall and get a package, including one or two first round picks and start building up the prospect depth. The Rick Nash trade should bring a ton of assets too, and they already got a first round pick in the Carter trade, not to mention Jack Johnson who is easily a 1-2 defenceman. Maybe they trade the first overall pick for an elite young goalie like Bernier or Schnieder, and maybe get something else in that package.

How about the potential of a #4 like Pittsburgh or NY having to play a #5 like Philly in the first round when a #6 like New Jersey gets to play a softer team in Florida. If I'm Philly I'm dropping every remaining game just get the better matchup with the lower seeding. Although I would love to see Philly clobber the Pens right out of the gate. If not beat them, then at least bang them up.

Minnesota's big first half was a fluke. They had a horrible goal differential and were getting outplayed almost nightly despite winning. Despite that, I still thought they would be at least a playoff bubble team.

I actually thought the Jackets could have been a playoff bubble team as well. There isn't a big Rick Nash market out there for trading him though. It's more likely in the summer with the cap projected to go up big again.

Detroit/Nashville series would be really fun to watch. I'm hoping for a San Jose/Chicago first rounder as well. I feel bad for the team that has to play St. Louis in the first round.

Would love another Philly/Pittsburgh series.

St. Louis scares me because they don't have any superstars. They just play some of the best defencive hockey I have ever seen and work together completely as a unit, not individuals. That's the kind of play that wins you championships. Do they go with Halak or Elliot in the playoffs though? I say Elliot, but as soon as he starts to faulter, don't be afraid to throw Halak in.

So apparently there's an outside chance that if Boston tanks and Buffalo stays alive, their season finale could be a "win and you're in 2nd place / lose and you go home" crazy-fest. That would be one hell of a hockey game.

This is very possible considering Boston's tough upcoming schedule. After playing the Isles, they get the Rangers, Pens, and then Ottawa. That's no walk in the park.

As a Canucks fan, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really hope Chicago wins. It means a high chance they wont meet in the first round, even though it's still possible, but we could really use a St. Louis loss. I have a feeling it's going to be us and STL in the conference finals, and that scares me.

I honestly thought the jackets were going to be a top team at the start of the year. So did a lot of people I guess. To finish as bad as they did is insane. This may sound insane, but I really don't think Yakupov is what they need. I say they trade the first overall and get a package, including one or two first round picks and start building up the prospect depth. The Rick Nash trade should bring a ton of assets too, and they already got a first round pick in the Carter trade, not to mention Jack Johnson who is easily a 1-2 defenceman. Maybe they trade the first overall pick for an elite young goalie like Bernier or Schnieder, and maybe get something else in that package.

I can't wait to see how they screw up that yakupov/nash trade. I don't think we need yakupov either, and nash needs to be freed. I was thrilled with the JJ trade, but I haven't got any hard feelings toward carter. he got booed when the kings played us here, which I thought was low.

Nash getting traded would make 100% of my hockey jerseys worthless. I have Klesla (got a month before he was traded), Vermette (couple weeks before), and Nash. Kill me.

And I want the blues to go all the way. I'm not too fond of many other teams that are gonna be in the playoffs this year.

Being a Rangers fan, I'm curious who other Ranger fans (or anyone for that matter) think would be the easiest team to beat in the first round (assuming the Rangers take the 1 seed).

Ottawa, Buffalo, or Washington?

Personally, I'd prefer Washington as they seem to be the weakest team of the three. But then again, they probably won't make the cut. Ottawa and Buffalo scare me as 7 and 8 seeds, honestly.

Being a Rangers fan, I'm curious who other Ranger fans (or anyone for that matter) think would be the easiest team to beat in the first round (assuming the Rangers take the 1 seed).

Ottawa, Buffalo, or Washington?

Personally, I'd prefer Washington as they seem to be the weakest team of the three. But then again, they probably won't make the cut. Ottawa and Buffalo scare me as 7 and 8 seeds, honestly.

I would agree with Washington being the choice. Buffalo is scary cause they've been red hot. I guess I'd pick ottawa over buffalo. But I hate the rangers, as a flyers fan, so I hope you get buffalo.

If I was a Rangers fan, I'd definitely want Washington or Ottawa. I still think the Rangers could handle Buffalo and that would be the most entertaining but Buffalo is scary.

The Sharks lost again last night to fall to 9th in the West. This is killing me. 4 games left. The good news?? The Sharks play all 4 against either the Kings or the Stars. They pretty much need to win out to get in though and I don't see that happening. AHHH

If the sharks win out they might be hot enough to win their first series

If they win out, they can still take the division and get home ice too.

I'm gonna try to go to the Sharks/Kings game next weekend. Last game of the season. Could be a win and your in type deal. Would be a great game.