NHL Discussion

^ Only hockey fans haha. I remember last year I was on a date during game 5 between the Sharks and Canucks and spent almost the whole date refreshing my phone. Luckily the game went to 2 OT so by the time the movie was over we went (rushed) to a nearby bar. The Sharks lost and being the suspicious hockey fan I am, I told her I couldn't see her again.

Looks like the Flyers win game 1 in OT. Gotta hand it to them for coming back. Nashville is up on Detroit. God I've missed this.

I'm at a say anything concert so I can't watch any. This is quite bittersweet.

My little brother is at the same one, and I know he's checking his phone every six seconds, because he keeps texting me about the game even though I'm watching it haha.

There were so many god damned pens fans at that thing. Those baby bitch blue 3rd jerseys were everywhere. I'm so glad the flyers came back, and my man Jake scored the game winner!

As per usual, Vancouver makes a mockery of the game by diving and flopping all over the ice. Luongo was actually pretty solid this game, but Quick was better.

That hit by Bitz was just nasty, direct targeting of the head. I won't be surprised if he doesn't receive supplemental punishment though.

Personally, I think you're somewhat hard pressed to find Canucks fans outside of Vancouver.

Regardless, I'm somehow looking even more forward to the coming games. If last night was a preview of the entire playoffs, it's going to be a hell of a ride.

I think Weber will get a game. Shanahan said that playoff games are worth more than regular season games. I could imagine Weber maybe getting 2-3 for that in the season but will likely get 1. But what do I know?

Great night of hockey so far though. I love Laviolette's reaction on the OT goal haha

Fuck Luongo with a pointed stick. I hate that scumbag. He plays the game the same way Italians ruin soccer by flopping around. If you just play the game, it'll go your way more often, you fucking pussy. Then he's got that bad attitude where he won't tap the other goalie if he gets pulled, instead just storms off down the tunnel like a bitchy little girl whose mom said she couldn't have a pony.

I couldn't believe Weber did that at the end of the game. I was at the bar with two of my female friends and even they were like, "whoa, that can't be legal!" to which I replied, "duh."