NHL Discussion

Florida now needs one point to clinch but theoretically they could still miss the playoffs if both Buffalo and Washington win out and they fail to gain a point.

whoever gets that 6 seed should walk into the second round if they draw the panthers, florida is not playing well at all right now.

Mike Smith is just embarrassing teams right now. I mean the jackets already embarrass themselves, but he put up 54 saves against them last night for his third straight shutout.

he has been in total beast mode this season. if phoenix had some decent scoring, they'd already have clinched a playoff spot.

Mike Smith has been outstanding. Dude has turned his career around as has Brian Elliot with the Blues. Smith has been a pain the ass of the Sharks this year.

Couple of boring games tonight. Red Wings get 2 points and the Blues will likely get the 2nd seed. Montreal/Tampa meh. Too bad Stamkos didn't get to 60, though he still has 2 games left.

Tomorrow will be a great night of hockey. Buffalo/Philly, Cats/Caps, Sharks/Kings teams fighting to still make it. Can't believe it's already the last weekend of the season.

Buffalo officially eliminated tonight. Florida and Washington both in.

San Jose and L.A. had the most entertaining game of the night, if not the most poorly officiated. Both clinched with Dallas and Colorado losing. Since the Sharks

So no dramatic last game, make the playoffs scenarios this year. All teams set, just need the seedings.

Not only will Rangers win Saturday, which will give them the President's Trophy....they are also helping out the Panthers keep the 3 seed. Get ready for a completely different round 1 between the Rangers and Caps this year.

Wow! Talk about a jinx! Now we have to deal with The Sens in the first round. I smell trouble.

Man, I don't like anyone out of the East. My least-disliked team would be Florida, but they're so boring and bland. Maybe I'll just root for Ovechkin so I can see him pop a blood vessel if he wins the cup. Dude gets crazy-excited about winning.

Out of the west, I think I'm going Chicago. If the Canucks had any other goalie, I'd root for them, but I absolutely despise flopper-Luongo. I'm ok with the Sharks, but it's hard not to root for the Blues after how mediocre they've been for so long. Actually, the Kings are fun to watch and they're so young that that'd be good.

But round 1 predictions:

East:

-NYR in 6

-Boston in 5 although I think this is the closest for a sweep

-NJ in 6

-Pitt in 5

West:

-Van in 5

-Blues in 4

-Chi in 6

-Det in 7

Not only will Rangers win Saturday, which will give them the President's Trophy....they are also helping out the Panthers keep the 3 seed. Get ready for a completely different round 1 between the Rangers and Caps this year.

Wow! Talk about a jinx! Now we have to deal with The Sens in the first round. I smell trouble.

No one seems to be giving the Sens much credit, but then again they're my team so I'm a little biased...I was born near Ottawa after all.

My predictions for the first round

East

- Ottawa in 7

- Bruins in 6

- Devils in 5

- Penguins in 5

West

- Canucks in 6

- Sharks in 7

- Blackhawks in 5

- Red Wings in 5

Ottawa's defense is abysmal. Just as a fun highlight, did you watch that 5-on-1 PP goal the Devils scored on them? Why are they forechecking 3 men on a PK, and how did two of them collide? That's why no one is giving Ottawa credit.

Haha yeah that was just ridiculous I was watching in abject terror as that happened. I just have a lot of faith in them because when the season started everyone was predicting them to be like dead last, and yet the made the playoffs. I really think they have a chance, but again that could be because they're my home team and I believe they can do anything haha.

NY is 6 (Lundquist will win them this series. No chance they win the cup though)

Boston in 5 (Washington is a joke)

Jersey 6 (Ottawa stands no chance. If anything Jersey was overlooked all season, they could do some damage)

Flyers in 7 (Only if they play garbage dirty Flyer's hockey which I hope they do because fuck Crosby)

Vancouver in 6 (as much as I fucking HATE Vancouver, I just don't think LA has the depth)

St. Louis in 4 (Fuck the sharks, it's a joke they even made it. They will get destroyed)

Chicago in 6 (Who caresssss. Phoenix sucks, Chicago won't make it past the round after anyways)

Detroit in 7 (This series will be a war but I think Detroit will break Rinne and once that happens the Preds are fucked)

East

Rangers in 6 (I don't think Ottawa has it in them to upset the Rangers. I think the Rangers will at least get to the conf. finals)

Bruins in 6 (Bruins should win this. The Caps have had a disappointing season and they are too inconsistent to win this)

Devils in 5 (Sorry Florida. I love that they finally made the playoffs and even won the division but I think the Devils are gonna take this pretty easily)

Pens in 7 (Going to be the best series hands down. Either team could win but I'm going Pittsburgh here. I can see the winner of this series going on to the cup if they aren't to beaten up)

West

Canucks in 5 (The Kings can't score. The only way they have a chance here is if Quick plays out of his mind and Luongo loses his)

Blues in 6 (Pains me to not pick the Sharks aka the homer pick. But I'm a realist. The Blues ran circles around the Sharks all year - with and without Hitchcock. I like that the Sharks are going into the playoffs hot but don't think the Sharks can win this matchup)

Coyotes in 6 (Smith and Phoenix are just too hot. Chicago has all the firepower in the world but they don't have a healthy Toews or a reliable goalie.)

Predators in 6 (This will be a good series but I think the Predators are finally turning the corner and becoming one of the better teams. Detroit is a possible winner in any series they play but I have a feeling about Nashville in this one.)