NHL Discussion

I think the partying thing is waaaay over blown, every hockey player parties. I live where most of the Kings already live and the rest of the team arn't strangers to the bars, im willing to bet that Simmonds and Doughty were a more dangerous partying couple than Richards & Carter.

I don't consider it a overpayment for a 30 goal, potential 40 goal scorer.

Plus Richards and Carters personal best seasons (other than a SCF) were under Stevens.

My cousin and I were talking about going out to Philly to see the Rangers spank the Flyers for the 6th time this season but we're pretty sure we'd get jumped if (more like when) they won. Tickets are so damn cheap though, I don't know if I can resist!

chances aren't any higher than if a Flyers fan went to MSG and watched the Flyers destroy them.

And as per Richards (and Carter), isn't there a lot of talk from the beat writers in LA about how the looking room is an absolute mess right now? Don't think bringing in Richie's best friend is going to help sort that out. I give it a month before Carter's foot is injured again, or he's sidelined with something else.

LET'S GO BUFFALO! we made out pretty damn well today. Kassian would've been nice in the long run, but if Hodgson can be our future first line center, this is no doubt a winning situation for us.

also, we dumped the piece of garbage that floats around the ice, known as Gragnani.

and picked up a first round pick for Gaustad, who is a UFA at the end of the season anyway.

yes.

Pretty happy with the way Nashville made out today. I thought the first rounder for Gaustad was a little much but he seems to be a pretty good all around player. Good on the faceoff and PK's even though he doesn't score that much. Nashville has a history of turning decent players into better than average players. Also liked the Andrei Kostitsyn trade as well. He won't play on the same line as his brother anyway. So that shouldn't be a big problem like it was in Montreal. Have to find a way to keep Weber and Suter here. So we have to win now which I think we took a step forward today. Giving draft picks away sucks but we are better at drafting and developing than most of the league.

Pretty happy with the way Nashville made out today. I thought the first rounder for Gaustad was a little much but he seems to be a pretty good all around player. Good on the faceoff and PK's even though he doesn't score that much. Nashville has a history of turning decent players into better than average players. Also liked the Andrei Kostitsyn trade as well. He won't play on the same line as his brother anyway. So that shouldn't be a big problem like it was in Montreal. Have to find a way to keep Weber and Suter here. So we have to win now which I think we took a step forward today. Giving draft picks away sucks but we are better at drafting and developing than most of the league.

You'll be in good hands with Goose. great faceoff man, always sticks up for his teammates, all around awesome dude.

Nashville did great

Buffalo is definitely gaining a solid player which they do need right now BUT getting to watch Kassian play in the OHL that guy will be fucking incredible in the NHL. He's gritty, tough as nails and can make plays happen. I think he's honestly going to be one of the NHL's top power forwards in 3-5 years. He's had some problems both on and off the ice but under the right coaching staff he could be great. Plus, Vancouver is full of fucking dolls, they need grit.

Re: Gaustad... get ready for him to run his mouth while being held back by the linesman in every scrum. He thinks he's tougher than he is, but he's not afraid to take a beating if the time calls for it.

Great face-off guy and PK guy, and for some reason he always shows up to play well against Pittsburgh. Hopefully for Nashville's sake he lost his mean-streak because Lindy Ruff hates physical play because he's an idiot. Four or so years ago he was a good physical guy.

I'm somewhat sad that Buffalo shipped out Kassian, but ecstatic that Gragnani was sold. He's a piece of shit. My biggest memory of him is earlier this season... we're playing Philly in OT and he gets the puck a little higher than the hashmarks on the boards in the offensive zone. He blindly throws the puck toward the opposite point and Giroux of all people picks it off and goes from his own blueline in on the Buffalo net untouched to end the game. After the game, Grags refused to acknowledge that he made a bad play and instead blamed Erhoff for being too far on the other side of the ice... because if he were 15 feet closer, Giroux wouldn't have picked it off? He's an arrogant, immature fuck who can't accept blame for mistakes.

And I'm obviously excited for Hodgson.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see Dallas take it, I don't want the Sharks in there at all, they're garbage.

The east is all I'm watching. Keep the Leafs out and I'm hoping so much that Winnipeg makes it. The support for that team has been incredible this year and I feel like it's an organization and a fanbase that would be super proud to get in there, even if they go out early.