NHL Discussion

Only series that really matters to me is Nashville-Detroit series. Praying my Predators can get the job done. They are the better team but the best team does not always win. I think they will take this series in 7. My upset pick is that one of the top two teams in the west are going down in the quarters. Oh yeah, I would prefer Chicago get eliminated in the first round. I know there goaltending in suspect. But they are a more dangerous team the longer you let them hang around.

I'll add my $0.02:

Rangers in 5 - As long as King Henrik is on (which he has been pretty much all season), this should be a short series.

Bruins in 6 - Boston is a playoff-built team, they just need Thomas to be "Playoff Thomas" again.

Devils in 4 - Devils are streaky and have been for quite some time, I see them destroying Florida, with Brodeur in top form.

Pittsburgh in 7 - Gritty series. Which ever team can keep their emotions in check better will win. I take Pittsburgh just because Laviolette's emotions tend to flow downward to his team, which might lead to more problems.

LA in 6 - Boston wrote the blueprint on how to beat Vancouver, be physical. With Carter coming back, and Daniel Sedin still a question mark (in my mind), I take the Kings. Quick has kept them in it all year, and will continue to be the best player on the ice. Vancouver's goalie controversy might be cause for worry as well.

St. Louis in 5 - San Jose will sadly crumble.

Chicago in 6 - Coyotes have heart, but I'll take the playoff experience of Chicago. While Toews is still questionable (despite telling everyone that he's good to go), the Blackhawks have depth. Look for Emery to steal a very close game for them.

Detroit in 5 - Nashville has been great, and yes, Detroit hasn't been the same team ever since Vancouver snapped their home winning streak, but with Detroit getting healthier, they'll pepper Rinne with shots. He's good, but I don't see the Preds beating the Red Wings.

I don't really care but I gotta feel for the Columbus fans and team. As a Shark fan I know how it is to get screwed out of a #1 pick *cough*Quebec*cough*

Anyway. I wonder if Edmonton will pick Yakupov or trade down and get a d-man. This team is going to be at least extremely entertaining for the next few years.

Edmonton is going to be the next Chicago if they could develop some defense. Chicago still doesn't have stable goaltending though.

Columbus will turn it around eventually. Unfortunately it's gonna be a bit if they end up trading Nash. Also who knows if Mason is the answer in net. He's been given chance after chance and yeah he won the Calder but has been shit since then. I'd love to see them turn that ship around though. Hopefully it's NOT like Florida where it takes them 10 years to make the post-season.

pickrunner, I'm guessing you aren't a big fan of Howson? I don't know how he still has a job personally.

We just need to get rid of Mase and move on. Whether he turns out to be good or not shouldn't be of concern to us, as we've already wasted so much time on him. That was Howson's biggest mistake, other than revealing to EVERYONE that Nash was the one who wanted a trade. Rather than just say he didn't get a good deal at the deadline, he had to go and fucking say that. I really thought he was going to be fired that night, but he's still kickin. He thinks we're only a few pieces away from being a contender. I don't really see how that's possible, but anything can happen with a good goalie.

The only positive that came from this season was getting Jack Johnson, who should be made captain if Nash is traded.

I say we keep Nash and trade the second pick (and maybe the Kings' pick) for some shit like a goalie and go from there.