NHL Discussion

Despite the predictions here are the Hawks the consensus favorite amongst the taking heads? I have to watch my games out since I don't have sports channels so I don't get to see much analysis.

I'm really excited for this matchup! Hoping for a Bruins win. But the Hawks are me Western Conference team so really I just want to see some quality hockey.

Congrats to the Hawks fans here.

This is going to be awesome. Hawks in 5/6. Bruins arent nearly as deep, and the Bruins are deep. Contract year for Bickell and Stalberg, theyre going to go off. Hossa will win one more cup with them before getting bought out. I dont even understand how the Hawks have the team they do with the cap, they are that deep. 

This is going to be awesome. Hawks in 5/6. Bruins arent nearly as deep, and the Bruins are deep. Contract year for Bickell and Stalberg, theyre going to go off. Hossa will win one more cup with them before getting bought out. I dont even understand how the Hawks have the team they do with the cap, they are that deep. 

Not dressing people like Mayers and Carcillo who are solid 3rd liners for some teams? It's pretty wild, but seems like they may need them two for this series.

after stepping away from hockey talk for a couple days... i was pretty surprised that the 5v5 was shutdown all series, but it was the powerplay being shutdown that was I think the most frustrating/most responsible for losing games. outside of game 2, a goal or two on the PP could have turned all three games around, yet they went 0-15 in the series? 0-6 on 4v4? I mean, thats just insane, especially after being so lethal on the PP in both the first and second round... hats off to the Bruins for figuring out a way to stop a PP unit that was running at 30% success through the first two rounds

The Bruins PK is pretty good, but a lot of time (Game 2 in particular) the Penguins just were not executing the same way. It would take a smarter hockey person than me to figure out why. Seems like Bs stepped up and Pens played down. 

that definitely happened in game 2, just like it happened all of the flyers series last year, and the year prior against Tampa.  that Malkin penalty at the end of the 1st period, basically nullifying the PP the pens had going into the 2nd?  I know they were already down a lot, but its shit like that that has happened each of the last three playoff years for the pens. 

The Hawks are deep because they took 3 years to rebuild the team. Us hockey fans in Chicago have seen it coming year by year. Now we have a good crop of younger guys ready to fill in once the Hossas, Toews and Kanes retire. It's a good mixture with the older guys, the guys 5-6 years in and the younger guys all playing together. Not to be disrespectful but once old man Wirtz passed, we all knew better days were ahead.

Here is something you don't hear everyday:

Chicago’s 21-year-old agitator couldn’t wait to answer questions about Marchand. 

“We’re both agitators,” Shaw said. “We both play physical and we’re always chirping. He’s perfected it and that’s what I’m trying to do to my game. We both walk a fine line and I’ve always looked up to him and admired him. It’s going to be great to actually play against him once.”