NHL Discussion

I dont think with a stick infraction like that you can rely on intent, its obvious he didn't want to catch him in the face, but you gotta be in better control of your stick. Can't purposely be swinging sticks near guys heads like that, he could have whacked him in the thigh or something but purposely going high you've gotta expect something like that could happen.

Vokun is first off the ice. Guess hes starting again. HA

Vokoun has been pretty solid in 6 of 8 games, so im not really surprised... but Bylsma's job seriously hangs with how tonight goes.  If they lose, and then lose the series, he'll be fired.  It also speaks volume on what they think about MAF being their franchise goaltender...

im guessing its just a fine, but i think it should be at least a game. Either way, i think its going back to Chicago even, I don't think the Kings will be able to take one in Chicago though.

Teams are both so strong at home, agreed. But shit, it definitely helps that the team playing away from home plays like garbage every game so far.

I dont think with a stick infraction like that you can rely on intent, its obvious he didn't want to catch him in the face, but you gotta be in better control of your stick. Can't purposely be swinging sticks near guys heads like that, he could have whacked him in the thigh or something but purposely going high you've gotta expect something like that could happen.

Guys take high sticks everyday in this league and get cut or lose teeth. He didn't intentionally hit him in the face. I'd have whacked him too if he tried to slash me in the bare hand. If Carter hurt Keith's wrist he wouldn't have gotten suspended.

What's worse? An accidental slash to the face or slamming a guys head into the boards with your fist?

Guys take high sticks everyday in this league and get cut or lose teeth. He didn't intentionally hit him in the face. I'd have whacked him too if he tried to slash me in the bare hand. If Carter hurt Keith's wrist he wouldn't have gotten suspended.

What's worse? An accidental slash to the face or slamming a guys head into the boards with your fist?

a accidental slash to the face is worlds different than a accidental high stick from trying to lift a stick or something. He was retaliating, plain and simple, he may not have meant to hit him in the face but he meant to hit him.

I'm not sure why you are trying to compare it to slamming a guys head into the boards, of course that's worse but it doesn't make what he did any less suspension worthy.

Dont worry guys, Boston wont be as good anymore. Horton and Ference are FA's after this season and they only have 5.8 in cap space. In my opinion those are two huge players for them. Jagr as well. Bergeron and Seidenberg are going to possibly get traded next year cause we all know they have a nice contract coming to them. 

a accidental slash to the face is worlds different than a accidental high stick from trying to lift a stick or something. He was retaliating, plain and simple, he may not have meant to hit him in the face but he meant to hit him.

I'm not sure why you are trying to compare it to slamming a guys head into the boards, of course that's worse but it doesn't make what he did any less suspension worthy.

If you're not going to suspend a guy for slamming someones head into the boards why are you going to suspend someone for an accidental high stick? People retaliate everyday as well - why is this any different? Kunitz hacked the hell out of Marchand and isn't going to get suspended for it. I just don't see where the line is for a suspension here. If he purposely 2 handed him to the head yeah, but this is a one handed whack that was an unintentional face shot.