NHL Discussion

Kovy should be going to LA today.

Did anyone see the 12 year old hockey brawl?

holy shit, seriously? kings are getting Kovy?!

I'll believe it when I see it. Would be a pretty huge price tag, I'd imagine.

How about Giggy getting the goose egg in his debut?! Only the second Leaf netminder to do so -- Belfour was the first.

holy shit, seriously? kings are getting Kovy?!

I'll believe it when I see it. Would be a pretty huge price tag, I'd imagine.

How about Giggy getting the goose egg in his debut?! Only the second Leaf netminder to do so -- Belfour was the first.

what i have read is that Atlanta thinks they'll be able to retain him with some retarded huge contract, but the asking price for him are 4 - 5 players, 2 nhl ready, 1 - 2 prospects, 1 - 2 draft picks. all for a player who is UFA in July, right?

IF my Kings can sign the Chukster and get him without parting with half the prospects in the system. I'm game. Kovy + Kopi = fun times.

However, the package Atlanta was rumored to want was: Jack Johnson + (Oscar Moller or Wayne Simmonds) + Brayden Schenn + Colten Teubert + a first round pick or two. To that, I say fuck you Mr. Waddell. I would do Oscar Moller, Teubert, 2 first round picks, Randy Jones and someone else though. I don't know, Kings need a top flight winger but not at a ridiculous price and not at a rental.

Kovalchuk has been told he's on the move:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308800

Also according to TSN:

The Kings offered Carolina a 2nd rounder and top prospect and it was declined because Whitney will not waive his NTC unless he gets a 2-3 years extension as part of the trade to finish off his career in which ever city he is moved too.

Whitney wants to go to Pittsburgh. There's no way a 37 year-old gets a three contract from anyone. It was his way of nixing a deal he didn't want to happen.

I don't know what it takes to get him, but the NTC lowers if value. I'd like to have him here, maybe give him another year, but not 2-3. Too risky.

i'm going to be making the 2 hr drive for this:

Meet The PENGUINS Night at Tom Clark Chevrolet Thursday, February 4 from 6-8pm. Memorabilia for sale benefiting the Tommy Wilson Foundation for Exceptional Children. ONE Autograph per Penguin for Each Person.

Scheduled to Appear: Phil Bourque, Brooks Orpik, Pascal Dupuis, Kris Letang and Ruslan Fedotenko.

Tom Clark Chevrolet, 1063 Long Run Road, Route 48, McKeesport, PA 15132.

IF my Kings can sign the Chukster and get him without parting with half the prospects in the system. I'm game. Kovy + Kopi = fun times.

However, the package Atlanta was rumored to want was: Jack Johnson + (Oscar Moller or Wayne Simmonds) + Brayden Schenn + Colten Teubert + a first round pick or two. To that, I say fuck you Mr. Waddell. I would do Oscar Moller, Teubert, 2 first round picks, Randy Jones and someone else though. I don't know, Kings need a top flight winger but not at a ridiculous price and not at a rental.

That's about what I was hearing JJ, Moller, and 2 first rounders and a few prospects

Kovie watch

Eklund I am almost certain it's NJ

TSNBobMcKenzie Fully expected to be the NJ Devils.

kausa Ilya Kovalchuk is being traded to the New Jersey Devils. Details coming shortly.

"Dreger saying FSN claiming Kovalchuk is headed to the New Jersey Devils."

oh boy.