NHL Discussion

I can't believe Dominic Moore was traded for a 2nd round pick!

How about Cheecho being waived, what a drop this guy has had! Former 56 goal scorer!

I could score at least 10 if I had Joe Thornton feeding me all day.

*Edit*

Also, Moore's value in his career has jumped a lot. Minnesota got him for a 3rd round pick. Toronto picked him up off waivers, then traded him to Buffalo for a 2nd round pick. Free agency to Florida, 1 year deal for 1.1m.

So a 2nd rounder isn't that outrageous, apparently. But considering he isn't under contract for next season, it's way steep in my books.

Also, this pre-deadline deadline day has been about as exciting as watching cross country skiiing.

The trade is pretty much a salary dump for the Blackhawks plus getting a prospect it is an alright trade for them. The Wild got a good young d-man which is really good for them.

and the wild have some cap space to work with too, so this works for both. i dont think either team got screwed, especially since chicago HAD to move someone with their cap situation.

Yeah the USA should have won by a larger margin, but Hiller is a beast. USA looked a little flat, but this is the first game, not that big of a deal. It's not like they're favored to win the gold, nor do I expect them to, but I'll still root for Team USA.

Canada started out a little flat as well, but came on strong at the end. Crosby looks great with real wingers.

Russia looked a little bored. I only watched a period before I fell asleep. Goaltending could be Russia's major weak spot. I wish Morozov was still a Penguin. I loved that little underachiever from the moment we drafted him. Too bad he went back to Russia.

Latvia was the only team that looked like a hockey team for the most part.