NHL Discussion

The Yotes worry me with their goaltending. Bryzgalov has been out of his mind this season.

You're worried that he'll run out of juice in the clutch?

I hope not. I think it would be awesome if Phoenix had a go of it.

sorta like mason last year for columbus? though, they did play the red wings in the first round, and the yotes will probably play the 7 or 8th seed...

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

document.write('+':57y7kr09]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':57y7kr09]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

{

document.write('+':2npy61v6]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':2npy61v6]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

If I'm in the West, I hate to be that high seed that faces Detroit. They look as good as they have in the last few years against the Pens the other night.

Dunno how far a Rookie goalie can carry them, but Osgood usually shows up in the playoffs (except that time Talbot found him way out of position).

Detroit gets to the conference finals AT LEAST.

Simon Gagne... he's the chief punk on the Philadelphia team.

that hit's dirtier than the hit ovie got suspended for. It disappoints me that Carcillo didn't jump Volchenkov...would've saved a goal too.

You'd think Carcillo would have been ready to drop the gloves too since Volchenkov nearly took his head off earlier.

Bryzgalov is a good goalie, sure, but what offensive or defensive player on Phoenix are you afraid of?

They have maybe a respectable second line's worth of players in Wolski, Doan, etc. but when you compare that to Thornton/Heatley/Marleau, Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Franzen, Toews/Kane/Sharp, Sedin/Sedin/Burrows, and so on, they're simply not as good as the other teams that'll be in the playoffs. Maybe they match up ok against Colorado or Nashville or something, but I really can't imagine they'll do anything against those other teams without the possibility of a shootout victory.

So yeah, the Coyotes are a nice little story and good for them making a run, but they're not going to win the Stanley Cup and my guess is if they face any of those above mentioned teams (Chicago, SJ, Vancouver, Detroit) they will be destroyed.

If the Wings end up the 8 seed (I think they'll end up 6 or 7, actually), they're going to have a tough road to the Conference Finals, that's for sure. I think Chicago can beat them. Not so sure about SJ. Vancouver possibly.

Nhl players have a different opinion than you

First off, NHL players aren't exactly unbiased in their assessment of fellow players. Secondly, your opinion if based solely on the opinion of others is ridiculous. Third, I highly doubt you specifically believe Crosby to be a whiner because of what your NHL player friends tell you.

So yeah, the Coyotes are a nice little story and good for them making a run, but they're not going to win the Stanley Cup and my guess is if they face any of those above mentioned teams (Chicago, SJ, Vancouver, Detroit) they will be destroyed.

If the Wings end up the 8 seed (I think they'll end up 6 or 7, actually), they're going to have a tough road to the Conference Finals, that's for sure. I think Chicago can beat them. Not so sure about SJ. Vancouver possibly.

What do they say about the playoffs? Its all about goaltending and defense? If that's the case, which I believe it is, I wouldn't bet against the Yotes. Who knows for sure but they haven't won as much as they have on total smoke and mirrors. Boring, predictable, quiet hockey? Yep. But not on luck. Tippett is a very good head coach.

And I'm not that scared of Detroit. They've been there for sure and their goaltending seems somewhat settled but they don't strike me a juggernaut and I still say you can forecheck them in to oblivion.

So we can't have our own opinions of Crosby being a whiner, and we can't take other players' opinions of Crosby being a whiner? Your opinion is just fact?

In a way but not really, no. The fact here is Crosby was a bit of a whiner in his earlier years. He was getting mugged, he wasn't used to it, and he felt like he could talk to the refs. However, he's not that player any more.

Further, this whole idea of "whiners" is just anecdotal crap people use as a way of disguising their dislike of player because he beats them. There's really no such thing as a whiner outside of guys who are in the press after every game blaming everyone but their team.

Lastly, the idea anyone would listen to opposing players as to whether another player is a "whiner" is a bit silly. You're letting someone you don't know provide with their opinion based on events never related. Its not like those players actually exposed why, in-depth, they believed Crosby "whines." They just think he's a "whiner." I'm sure similar players thought Forsberg was a "diver."

The way the NHLPA is handling this head shot rule is so ridiculous. They need to get their act together.

Yeah, it's pretty absurd. No idea what's going on there.

Could be worse... they could have to meet with the U.S. Congress to get something done, haha. I have my doubts they will get anything in place before the season ends.

Speaking of head hits... why isn't everyone crying foul over the Volchenkov/Carcillo hit? Looked just as nasty to me. Is it because Carcillo didn't get injured? Or because he's Carcillo and really nobody gives a shit?

So we can't have our own opinions of Crosby being a whiner, and we can't take other players' opinions of Crosby being a whiner? Your opinion is just fact?

In a way but not really, no. The fact here is Crosby was a bit of a whiner in his earlier years. He was getting mugged, he wasn't used to it, and he felt like he could talk to the refs. However, he's not that player any more.

Further, this whole idea of "whiners" is just anecdotal crap people use as a way of disguising their dislike of player because he beats them. There's really no such thing as a whiner outside of guys who are in the press after every game blaming everyone but their team.

Lastly, the idea anyone would listen to opposing players as to whether another player is a "whiner" is a bit silly. You're letting someone you don't know provide with their opinion based on events never related. Its not like those players actually exposed why, in-depth, they believed Crosby "whines." They just think he's a "whiner." I'm sure similar players thought Forsberg was a "diver."

I always thought a fan accusing a player of being a whiner was such a weird thing. No fans are on the ice or in the locker room. As a fan, you just don't know. It's like saying somebody is a bad captain. I have no idea what kind of leader somebody is out there or in the locker room. Who am I to say?

I'm not gonna say either way with Crosby because it's pointless. The video/player's poll talks about complaining, which to me is different than whining. If somebody is whining I expect them to be in tears or pretty damn close. Plus, that video is old. The only players who want to switch places with Sakic are the ones who want to retire. He's not even in hockey anymore.

Re: The NHLPA and head shots... they're playing politics. They wanted the rule for years and the NHL decided just now it wants to play when the NHLPA isn't truly involved in the process. They don't want to let the league set the precedent that the NHL can make rules as it sees fit without the due process that should be taking place. Esp. mid-season.

• The NHLPA released a statement this morning with their executive board's endorsement of the blindside hit to the head rule: "We fully support our Competition Committee Members’ endorsement of the League’s proposal to implement supplemental discipline this season for blindside hits to the head. Our agreement applies to the remainder of the 2009-10 NHL Regular Season, as well as the 2010 Playoffs. This temporary implementation will ensure that the joint NHLPA/NHL Competition Committee will have time to develop and consider a proper and full-time rule, one that includes an on-ice penalty component, this summer. We are encouraged by the League’s recent willingness to explore on-ice rule changes as a means of reducing Player injuries and have no doubt that by working together, a safer working environment can be established for all NHLPA Members." Supplemental discipline for these hits will begin with tonight's games.

Simon Gagne... he's the chief punk on the Philadelphia team.

that hit's dirtier than the hit ovie got suspended for. It disappoints me that Carcillo didn't jump Volchenkov...would've saved a goal too.

looks like Carcillo did turn and ask if he wanted to go, Carcillo is playing a much more disciplined game, which I like. He's not Riley Cote, he has a purpose other than fighting. I'm fine with him not attacking Volchenkov, let Gagne stand up for himself and let out his frustration, from the hit, and i'm sure from the way the team has been playing as well.

Team is truly fucked if they lose to the Wild tonight.