NHL Discussion

i just saw that, that is good news... for montreal.

markov got back to montreal, his case will be evaluated tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure that he'll be out for a while too. I hope Subban can handle more pressure particulary on the powerplay. If he is playing like yesterday, we might still have a chance to beat the Pens.

I think the Staal news is better news for the Western Conference than the East. Pittsburgh is still the only legit cup team in the east. I can't picture any of those teams beating them at this point. They have a yellow brick road leading to the finals now thanks to the botch job by Washington, NJ, and Buffalo.

People talking about the Blackhawks shaky goaltending should look at what Niemi and Luongo have done so far this year as well as the playoffs. Then tell me how many important games Luongo has performed well in thus far in his career. And Canada won the gold medal in spite of him, not because of him. Face it, Luongo is a CHOKE artist. Maybe he'll turn it around this year, but history certainly hasn't been kind to him.

REGULAR SEASON:

Niemi 26-7-4, .912 SV%, 2.25 GAA, 7 shutouts

Luongo 40-22-4, .913 SV%, 2.57 GAA, 4 shutouts (in almost twice as many games!

2010 PLAYOFFS:

Niemi 4-2, .921 SV%, 2.15 GAA, 2 shutouts

Luongo 4-2, .893 SV%, 2.92 GAA, 0 shutouts

Why do the Chicago fans cheer through the whole national anthem?

On a Sabres website people were talking about how Buffalo is the only team that sings both Canadian and American national anthems every game no matter who is playing. Is that true? And did Chicago really just not play the Canadian anthem even when playing a Canadian team?

Why do the Chicago fans cheer through the whole national anthem?

On a Sabres website people were talking about how Buffalo is the only team that sings both Canadian and American national anthems every game no matter who is playing. Is that true? And did Chicago really just not play the Canadian anthem even when playing a Canadian team?

i'm watching the game on cbc and they played the canadian anthem..

I think the Staal news is better news for the Western Conference than the East. Pittsburgh is still the only legit cup team in the east. I can't picture any of those teams beating them at this point. They have a yellow brick road leading to the finals now thanks to the botch job by Washington, NJ, and Buffalo.

People talking about the Blackhawks shaky goaltending should look at what Niemi and Luongo have done so far this year as well as the playoffs. Then tell me how many important games Luongo has performed well in thus far in his career. And Canada won the gold medal in spite of him, not because of him. Face it, Luongo is a CHOKE artist. Maybe he'll turn it around this year, but history certainly hasn't been kind to him.

REGULAR SEASON:

Niemi 26-7-4, .912 SV%, 2.25 GAA, 7 shutouts

Luongo 40-22-4, .913 SV%, 2.57 GAA, 4 shutouts (in almost twice as many games!

2010 PLAYOFFS:

Niemi 4-2, .921 SV%, 2.15 GAA, 2 shutouts

Luongo 4-2, .893 SV%, 2.92 GAA, 0 shutouts

Eh, I thought Luongo played pretty well tonight.

Staal means a lot to this team. He's a "3rd line center" but on most teams he's the #2 and on a few the #1. We don't have a lot of great wingers because we're built down the middle and losing Staal is like losing a #1 winger.

Tough game yesterday. It looked identical to some of those Caps/Habs games. The Pens need to focus on getting better scoring chances and not just getting a ton of shots.