NHL Discussion

The game last night was just too much emotions for one guy! I can't believe the Habs are going in 7 games against the Pens. It's the second round and Ste-catherine street ( one of the biggest street near the Bell Center in Montreal) was closed between 6PM and 11hh30 last night because everyone was just cheering up. Crazy stuff.

markov was skating this morning at practice, can't wait to see if he's going to be in the line up tonight.

i'm so fucking excited for tonight. this is going to be so fucking intense. the game is going to be tight from start to finish but in the end, habs are going to win this game. and if they do, this is going to be the best day of my life. I AM FUCKING STOKED FOR TONIGHT. GO HABS GO !

The game last night was just too much emotions for one guy! I can't believe the Habs are going in 7 games against the Pens. It's the second round and Ste-catherine street ( one of the biggest street near the Bell Center in Montreal) was closed between 6PM and 11hh30 last night because everyone was just cheering up. Crazy stuff.

dude! i am going to be watching the game at bifteck st laurent, we should meet up there! i am going to bring a friend from switzerland, who came down for a couple of days...he has no idea of what's going to happen tonight, haha

[image]

Canucks were essentially playing that game with 4 D-men after Edler got crushed by Byfuglien against the boards in the first. Shame on Vancouver for not dressing a 7th D-Man. Salo was brave for playing with one nut, but they would have been better off dressing a guy from the AHL. Anyhow, I don't blame this one on Luongo. He gave up some softies at the end, but that was well after his team had lost the game for him. He played great in the two wins, not so great in the other games. Still, it's a team game and goalies can't take all the blame. Kesler was banged up too. Basically, the Canucks are NOT as deep as the Blackhawks and that showed in this series once the Hawks started banging bodies.

Looking forward to a Conference Final. Thanks SJ for knocking Detroit out. This series should be awesome.

[image]

Canucks were essentially playing that game with 4 D-men after Edler got crushed by Byfuglien against the boards in the first. Shame on Vancouver for not dressing a 7th D-Man. Salo was brave for playing with one nut, but they would have been better off dressing a guy from the AHL. Anyhow, I don't blame this one on Luongo. He gave up some softies at the end, but that was well after his team had lost the game for him. He played great in the two wins, not so great in the other games. Still, it's a team game and goalies can't take all the blame. Kesler was banged up too. Basically, the Canucks are NOT as deep as the Blackhawks and that showed in this series once the Hawks started banging bodies.

Looking forward to a Conference Final. Thanks SJ for knocking Detroit out. This series should be awesome.

I'm not saying its Luongo's fault persay but its been proven over and over great goalies win games and series for teams. Cam Ward, Patty Roy, Martin Brodeur, JS Giguere, and Ron Hextall to name a few were guys who carried teams. Luongo hasn't carried a team thus far and I see nothing to indicate he will. I'm tired of him getting pub over people with Conn Smythe awards because people think he's this amazing goaltender. He hasn't proven a single thing.

He won a gold medal for sure but he didn't win it, his team did. He was playing behind 25 of the best players in the world and at least 5 players who were better than any player in the tournament. He won the gold, sure but Ryan Miller was the better goaltender for the entire tournament.

dude! i am going to be watching the game at bifteck st laurent, we should meet up there! i am going to bring a friend from switzerland, who came down for a couple of days...he has no idea of what's going to happen tonight, haha

I won't be in Montreal tonight for the game, but if the Habs win tonight, we'll work something out to watch a game for sure!

The Habs can't stop their way tonight...they can't. Go Habs Go!!!

I don't think Luongo is anything special, but I don't think they lost this series (or won the previous one) because of him. He's an overall solid, quality goaltender who is overpaid. I really don't think goalies can win you a series in the playoffs. The team in front of the goalie wins the series. The goalie can certainly LOSE it, but more often than not, goals are the fault of the defense, not the goalie.

I don't think Luongo is anything special, but I don't think they lost this series (or won the previous one) because of him. He's an overall solid, quality goaltender who is overpaid. I really don't think goalies can win you a series in the playoffs. The team in front of the goalie wins the series. The goalie can certainly LOSE it, but more often than not, goals are the fault of the defense, not the goalie.

Well then you and I agree on Luongo but most would say he's an amazing top-tier guy.

I would beg differ about goaltending winning you series. I think Halak's insane .976 save percentage is a testament to that. He didn't do it by myself for sure but that's carrying a team.

[image]

I'm not saying its Luongo's fault persay but its been proven over and over great goalies win games and series for teams. Cam Ward, Patty Roy, Martin Brodeur, JS Giguere, and Ron Hextall to name a few were guys who carried teams. Luongo hasn't carried a team thus far and I see nothing to indicate he will. I'm tired of him getting pub over people with Conn Smythe awards because people think he's this amazing goaltender. He hasn't proven a single thing.

I'd lump him right in there with Ward and Fleury easily. All have shown the same high level of performance during their careers, but none of them have done so consistently, though Fleury and Ward got hot at the right time and have the Cup ring (tho Ward shared duty with Gerber during the playoffs because both were inconsistent at the start). The future will dictate whether Luongo can take his game to the next level or if he drops down to the realm of Giguere and Theodore who had looked amazing at one point but are now 1-A goalies at best. Personally, he needs go give up the 'C' and just focus on stopping pucks. Let Kesler talk to the media.

That being said, congrats to the Hawks for being the better team in the series. It was a blast to watch despite my team coming up short. Hopefully that horrific mural of Toews and having Hossa won't jinx them and they'll be rewarded at the end of the playoffs.